𝟐𝟏|jealous?

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

The Pogues made it to Rixon's Cove without a hitch, none of the Kooks bothering to follow them. Kiara and Pope's parents had been calling out to them but they didn't turn back. Callie was quite impressed with Pope for this, knowing how much he disliked disappointing his father like that.

But some things were worth it - like hanging out with your best friends at Rixon's Cove.

The sky was practically pitch black when they got there, the trees around them shading the area and making it seem even darker. They built a bonfire as good as any other they'd made and JJ promptly got his lighter out, holding the flame against some leaves and throwing them into the small pit once they were lit.

"Hey, guys," Pope said, getting everyone's attention once they were seated. "So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So, what's this mandatory meeting thing about?"

John B looked across the flames at Callie and JJ who were sitting on either side of Kie. His two closest friends had kept everything on the lowdown, just as he had asked. Now it was time to share the news with the others.

Callie nodded to the boy, encouraging him to speak. Her eyes flickered over to JJ momentarily, noticing him already watching her through the fire. They hadn't spoken since the locker room and she could only imagine what he was thinking.

What sort of friend was she? Hooking up with a Kook. And not just a Kook but Rafe Cameron, crown prince of the Kooks.
She just wanted to know what he was thinking.

John B focused on JJ, giving finger guns to ask if he thought he should tell them also. JJ finally broke eye contact with Callie, shrugging as he poked at the fire.
"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed."

The looks on Kie and Pope's faces would've had Callie laughing if the situation weren't so serious. Kie immediately turned to John B, waiting expectantly for him to tell them what the hell was going on. Callie had already told Kie the majority but when she heard about who John B had roped in, the colour would probably drain from her face completely.

"You ready for this?" John B checked with Kie and Pope, leaning forward to press his elbows into his knees. When they both nodded, he finally let them in on what was going on.
"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh, my God," Pope groaned, shaking his head. "Here we go again with this."

When it looked like Pope was going to leave or just change the conversation, JJ was quick to put a hand out. "No. All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?"

Pope looked over to Callie for confirmation, trusting her view on how credible this was a bit more than JJ.
The girl nodded, "John B might actually be onto something this time."