𝟏𝟔|movie night

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

(Gif made by me)

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this," Kiara sighed with a smile. The five were walking across the grass to get a good spot in front of the screen as the sun was beginning to set on the Outer Banks later that afternoon.

"Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

Callie glanced back over her shoulder to make sure that Finn and his friend Reggie. She had stopped by the house and picked them up just like she'd promised her dad.

"Ecstatic," Pope mumbled as he set up a foldout chair.

JJ did the same beside him, mumbling, "My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

"Fresh air'll do you good, boys," Callie teased, sneaking in a pointed look at the boys. While their complaining was pretty normal, Pope was still on edge.

Pope leaned over towards JJ and Callie when Kiara wasn't looking, "We're out of the green zone, guys."

"Dude, Tranquilo, okay?" JJ sighed.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be."

"Shut up, Pope."

"Deal with him," Callie whispered to JJ before grabbing Kiara's arm. "C'mon, I told the kids I'd get them some lemonade."

JJ threw his hands up and nodded as Callie led their friend away. They went over to the refreshments table and ordered some drinks, Kiara offering to pay this time around.

"Hey, Kie," they heard a voice call as they waited for the cans. Turning, they saw Rafe walking over, causing a simultaneous eye roll between them. "Hey, Cal. What's up? How are you guys?"

His eyes lingered a moment longer than Callie would've liked. Kiara gave Callie a confused look, noticing the eye contact, before her expression twisted into unimpressed as she faced Rafe. "We're fine," she answered for them both.

"Good, good," he nodded before he took half a step forward and his expression turned serious. "Tell your boy that we know what he did."

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" she asked as she and Callie accepted the cans from the man at the table. This was a fair question, given that their friend group consisted of three of them.

Rafe just smiled, "Uh, he'll know."

After a moment of his staring, Callie hooked Kiara's arm and began to walk back to their group, "Such a creep."