𝟏𝟐|fantasy versus reality

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it," John B reasoned.

After leaving the hotel the Pogues had all piled into the Twinkie and were on their way to the impound yard. Pope still wasn't exactly on board, but he knew he wouldn't be able to convince his friends to turn back when there was 400 mil on the line.

"Temporarily misappropriating," Callie added with a nod.

Pope had his arms crossed in front of him as he stared out the window. "'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.'"

John B looked back from the front seat, "Did you come up with that?"

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing."

"Honestly, loving the optimism, Pope," Callie smiled sarcastically. "It's great, really."

Kiara laughed from the passenger seat as Pope scoffed, "Well, am I wrong? I mean, which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ countered, sealing the blunt he had been rolling.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality," Kiara answered.

John B thought for a moment, looking away from the wheel, "Reality."

Shaking his head, JJ put the blunt between his lips and got his lighter out. "Virtual reality," he mumbled as he flicked the lighter open and went to light the blunt.

Before he got the chance, Pope had reached across and taken it right from his lips, flicking it across the vehicle. When JJ looked over at him, throwing his hands up, Pope smirked, "Keep the signal clear."

JJ shut the lighter with a frown. It shouldn't have mattered considering that they had arrived at the impound lot, but JJ decided to make a comment anyway.
"You know what your problem is?"

"You?" Pope suggested, causing Callie to laugh.

"No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

"I'm not too tense."

While the two were arguing, Kiara had gotten out of the Twinkie and walked around to John B's window. "Cal, c'mon."

The girl nodded, opening the door and joining Kiara. The plan was for the girls to distract the security guard while the boys went and found the drone. Callie and Kiara would've been offended by the fact that they wanted to act like helpless girls if it weren't for the gold.

"Hey, don't worry. You guys have got this," John B reassured them.

Kiara gave him a tight smile, pointing to the boys in the back of the van. "It's not us that I'm worried about."