𝟐𝟗|pity party

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

JJ had woken up before Callie that next morning. He considered getting up but when he saw how peacefully she was sleeping, he decided against it. His body was still in pain from the beating his dad had given him but he wasn't about to push her away. Instead, he pulled her closer, allowing her to lay on his chest.

Feeling calm with her in his arms he allowed himself the opportunity to act as if they were the only two people in the world - like the world wasn't just on the other side of the rather thin wooden door. He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through her hair, listening to the soft breaths escaping from between her lips.

She said that they would work it out - things with his dad - but JJ didn't want Callie to take on his problems as her own.

"Hey, are you awake?" her voice asked softly.

JJ reopened his eyes and looked down, meeting her gaze. Running a thumb over her cheek gently, he gave her an appreciative smile.
"Thank you."

Callie seemed confused, shifting back so that she could see his face properly. "What for?"

JJ was disappointed she was no longer laying on his chest, so instead, he reached down to hold her hand. Callie made him feel like it was okay to be vulnerable in front of her - it was one of the things that he liked about her.
"For a lot of things. Mostly for not throwing me out on my ass - which I would have deserved after what I said to you."

The girl shook her head, squeezing the hand that had grabbed her own. "You were definitely a jerk but it's going to take more than that to scare me off, Maybank."

"So, you don't hate me?" he asked, making sure to keep his voice low in case Kiara or Pope was awake.

Callie almost laughed at the question, not sure how serious she was supposed to be taking it. She didn't think it was possible for her to ever hate JJ Maybank.

Drawing him forward with the hand she was holding, she pressed her lips to his. He was surprised momentarily but he didn't let that keep him still for long. His other hand rose up from his side, slipping beneath her shirt to rest on her hip. JJ took his time as he kissed her slowly, savouring everything about her from the feel of his skin beneath his fingers to the taste of her on his tongue.

Pulling back from him, Callie bit her lower lip before laughing lightly. "Not quite."

JJ tightened his grip on both her hand and her hip ever so noticeably, "Glad to hear it."

"But that doesn't mean you're completely off the hook," she warned. Sure, she wasn't mad at him but that didn't mean that he could take his frustration out on her any time he was angry.