Ch. 12 - Red

AS I AM GETTING READY FOR SCHOOL, my mind won't stop thinking about that night at the fair

And the almost kiss.

It killed me when I pulled away from Micheal, but I had to. He isn't gay first of all, and second of all, I'm trying not to let everybody know my secret.

But man, did his lips look soft and kissable.

It's Tuesday, and he didn't come to school yesterday because he had to drop Jordan off at the airport.

Two whole days since I seen him last. I wonder if he knows I was about to kiss him.

Of course he noticed you idiot.

I rolled my eyes at the thought as I started on my tie for school.

"Okay, what's wrong with you?" Lucy asked, striding into my room as I was finishing my tie.

I looked at her in the mirror with a raised eyebrow,"What do you mean?"

"You have been acting weird every since Sunday. Did something happened? Between you and Micheal?" Lucy asked me, making me turn around to face her.

"Nothing is going on between us," I lied, making Lucy scoff.

"Please. You two were chatting and looking at each like lovesick puppies then when you guys got of the Ferris Wheel, you two didn't speak or even glance at each other for the rest of the day!" Lucy argued, crossing her arms across her chest.

I sighed, looking at her, knowing she isn't going to give this conversation up. "Look, Micheal and I have may have..........almost kissed."

Lucy eyes almost popped out her head. "What?! When?!"

"Shhh!" I exclaimed,"Are you trying to let our parents know that I almost kissed a boy?"

Lucy smiled,"Sorry, but, Damien, that is awesome. You actually put yourself out there, and Micheal is a great guy."

"Lucy, we didn't kiss; we almost kissed. See the difference?"

Lucy made an o shaped with her mouth in realization. "Oh. I'm sorry, Damien."

I shrugged,"It doesn't matter. I'm the one who pulled away so...."

Lucy face dropped,"What? Why did you pull away?"

"Because Micheal isn't gay, and we just started our friendship, and I didn't want to ruin it," I explained, sitting on my bed to put my shoes on.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" Lucy asked, sitting next to me.

"Yes. Now go finish's getting ready so we can leave," I replied without hesitation.

Lucy didn't believe me, but she walked out of my room anyways. I finished putting on my shoes, and I brushed through my hair.