Ch. 39 - The Power of Chocolate Pudding

"HOW IN THE HELL did you get that?" I heard Brent's voice ask

"Do you want the truth?" I heard Nick's voice reply.

"I thought the ladies in the cafeteria said that chocolate pudding is only for the patients," Campbell's voice said with confusion in her voice.

"It is," Brent assured her.

"Nicklaus Henry Cade, what did you do?" Campbell asked like a mother scolding a child.

"I didn't do anything illegal, or at least, I don't think it is illegal," Nick retorted, unsure of what he did.

Why are they talking so loud?

All I am trying to do is sleep, and they keep talking to each other.

"What did you do, Nicky?" Brent asked his best friend.

"I may or may not have told the newest cafeteria lady that my brother was in the hospital, and he didn't get his chocolate pudding with his lunch so I came to get it for him," Nick explained, making Campbell gasp.

"Nick! That is seriously messed up!" Campbell exclaimed.

"Look, if Micheal was awake, he wouldn't even eat his chocolate pudding anyways because he doesn't like it. He only likes vanilla pudding. What kind of person only likes vanilla pudding?" Nick asked, making me offended.

There is nothing wrong with vanilla pudding.

I cracked open my eyes, and I saw the three of them sitting next to my bedside, looking at each other. They weren't looking at me.

"A great person," I said out loud. My voice was hoarse, and I felt like I have been drinking salt water for days on end.

All three of their heads snapped towards me, and their eyes were widen. Campbell's eyes immediately welled with tears, and I looked around the room.

I was in a hospital room, and it looked like every normal hospital room.

"Oh my god!" Campbell exclaimed, happily. She immediately hugged me, lightly, and I smiled.

Nick was grinning, and he looked down at the pudding.

"It was the power of chocolate pudding!" Nick exclaimed, making all of us laugh.

"I'll go get Mom and Dad," Campbell said before rushing out of the room.

"Welcome back lil dude," Brent told me before giving me a small hug.

As soon as he pulled away, the door burst open, revealing my parents, Campbell, Matthew, and Jordan.

Mom had tears in her eyes as she rushed over to me. She hugged me, tightly, while quietly thanking God I was awake.

After everybody gave me a hug and told me they love me, I looked at the window to see that it was daylight outside.

Is it Christmas Eve?