Ch. 18 - She knows

WITHIN TWO DAYS, all of my siblings were home along with their girlfriends

WITHIN TWO DAYS, all of my siblings were home along with their girlfriends. It was chaotic in the house when the sun comes up until the sun goes down.

But it felt good to have everybody together again. It felt normal.

The only thing that is throwing me off on this whole trip is Damien who still hasn't talked to me.

"And that's how I destroyed my roommates' microwave," Nick finished his story as we all sat around eating lunch.

"All because you stuck a metal fork in the food which was covered in aluminum!" Campbell exclaimed, making Nick nod.

"Did Mom teach you nothing? Like seriously, Nicky," Gaberial said with a shake of his head.

"Hey!" Brent and Nick said at the same time.

"That's my nickname for him, thank you very much," Brent said with a joking tone before adding,"And you guys, this is Nick. The one who set the toaster on fire."

"You set a toaster on fire?" Lucy asked, amazed that Nick could do that.

"Yes, he did. I do not look forward to living with him. I'm going to be scared to leave him alone in the kitchen," Nichole said before plopping a grape in her mouth.

Everybody laughed, well not Damien, and I glanced over at him. He was sitting beside Lucy and Campbell, and he played around with his food.

His eyes looked up from his plate, and they found mine immediately. Instead of the normal icy glare I have been receiving the last couple of days, his eyes were soften as though he felt guilty.

It felt like electricity between us just staring at each other, and I wanted to close the space between us.

"So, Micheal, how's New York treating you?" Campbell asked, making me tear my gaze from Damien.

She glanced at Damien then me then back to Damien then back to me. Then her lips curved into a huge smile.

She knows.

Oh gosh.

She knows!

I cleared my throat, trying to find words. "It's pretty good. I'm going to play ice hockey with my friends Matthew and Damien."

"Ice hockey? When's your first game?" Elliot asked me as he brought Anna closer to him.

"Next Friday. It kicks off the season," I answered, keeping my eyes on Campbell, who was trying to hide her proud smile.

"Dang, I won't be able to go," Maya said before adding,"I will be there for the second one though."

"Have you met anybody, Mic?" Campbell asked while a few other conversations took place.