Ch. 21 - Me & You

I FEEL LIKE I'M UNDERWATER

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I FEEL LIKE I'M UNDERWATER. I can hear everybody, but it doesn't faze me. All I want is to go check on Damien to make sure he's okay.

"I'll be back," I told Campbell before leaving the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs, and I stood in front of Damien's door which was close to mine. I knocked on it before taking a step back. I waited for a few minutes, but I didn't hear anything.

"Damien, it's me," I said as I knocked again.

But there was no noise.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned the doorknob to check on him. I opened the door, and the room was empty. All the drawers were pulled out and empty, the closet door was open.

All of Damien's belongings were gone.

What the hell?

Panic instantly set in, and I quickly ran down the stairs. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table. I pressed on Damien's number, and I held the device to my ear. It rang and rang before going to voicemail. I called him a few more times, but no luck.

I walked into the kitchen where everybody was at. They were all laughing at something Nick said, and Lucy looked like she was having a great time. I didn't want to interrupt since this is the first time Lucy has let her walls fall down.

So I walked back out, and I grabbed my jacket, keys, and my phone. I slipped out of the front door, and it pouring outside.

As I made my way to my truck, which was parked by the sidewalk, millions of thoughts ran through my mind.

Why would he leave?

Was it something I did?

What if he is hurt and alone?

I turned my engine on before driving off away from my house before anybody could notice that I was gone. My wipers were on, but it didn't help much.

I tapped my hand against the steering wheel, trying to stay calm. I don't even know where to start looking. He couldn't have gone far, especially with the rain.

I drove into town to see if he stopped by any of the cafes that were still open. I went into four different cafes, but nobody has seen him. I was walking back to my truck when a lady came running behind me.

"Honey," the lady called me, making me turn to face her. "I would check the bus stop if I were you. There is suppose to be a bus coming into town in twenty minutes."

I mentally slapped myself for not thinking of the one way you can leave town.

"Thank you so much," I thanked her before running to my truck.

I quickly got in before driving away. My phone blew up from text messages, but all o was focused on was getting to Damien before that bus does.

Because once he gets on it, I will loose him forever. The thought, alone, made me want to vomit. I know that it sounds dumb since I'm only sixteen, but Damien is it for me.

Secret Love | COMPLETED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें