Ch. 31 - Hope

"SO FOR THE CHRISTMAS EVENT, I'm wearing a red dress so you need to wear a black tux with a white undershirt," Ellie King said as she fixed her hair in my bathroom mirror

We were in my bedroom, suppose to be talking about the charity event my father is throwing on Christmas Eve. But instead, she was fixing herself up for the hundredth time, while I sat on my bed, looking through photos on my phone.

They were all pictures of Micheal and me. My heart tightened whenever I thought about what happened a week ago.

I had to break up with Micheal, and it feels like absolute hell. I haven't slept or ate much since then. I just want to scream into a pillow and let out all of my pain. But I can't do that.

I hope he is doing better than I am.

"Are you going to answer me or no?" Ellie asked with a raised eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes,"How about fuck no?"

She stopped fixing her hair, and she narrowed her eyes at me. Ellie stepped into my room, and she crossed her arms across her chest.

"You are rude, y'know," she started,"but it's one of things I like about you. You don't put up with anyone's crap."

"Look at that, we actually agree on something," I replied, bitterly, before shutting off my phone.

"Not exactly. You need to know that you are going to agree with everything I say. If I want you to wear a unicorn onesie then you will. Are we clear?" She asked, narrowing her cruel brown eyes.

I miss Micheal's warm brown eyes.

I miss Micheal.

"Whatever you want," I agreed, not wanting to argue with her.

It's better if I don't argue with her. If I just agree and play along with whatever she wants, my father won't go near Micheal.

"Well, since that is settled, I have to go to the studio to work on a few things. I'll text you whenever I get done. K?" Ellie asked before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

My insides turned in disgust, but I put on a fake smile and nodded.

"Yeah, see you later."

Ellie grabbed her purse before leaving my room, leaving the door open. As soon as I heard her leave the penthouse, I fell back onto my pillows.

"You should become an actor, Damien," a familiar voice said, making me look towards the door.

Campbell Cade stood at my door. She had her blonde hair in a messy bun, and her blue eyes were staring straight at me. She stood at 5'2, but I know she can tackle one of her brothers to the ground. I have seen it with my own eyes.

I blinked a couple of times to make sure she was really there.

"You can't blink me away," Campbell retorted, pulling her white wool cardigan across her body.