Ch. 33 - Evidence

"WHAT ARE YOU WRAPPING OVER THERE?" Campbell asked, trying to peer into my almost wrapped gift

It's now Wednesday, and Christmas is Saturday. I'm in the middle of wrapping gifts with Campbell in my room.

"A gift," I shot back, making her roll her eyes.

"What kind of gift?"

I looked down at the material, and I smiled to myself. 

"An amazing gift."

"Micheal Eugene Cade, you are worse than Nick," she said, talking about our older brother, Nick, who uses sarcasm like a weapon.

"Who did you think I got it from?" I asked with a bat of my eyelashes.

Campbell shook her head, and she finished wrapping Brent's gift. We sat in silence for a few minutes, and she kept looking over at me like I was going to run away or something.

"Spit it out, Cam," I said, not even looking at her.

She sighed beside me,"Micheal, a few days ago, I went to go see Damien. I told him about my abuse, and how I almost died. I told him all about the plan, and he said that he and Lucy would help us. They found the security footage of that day."

My blood ran cold, and I felt my whole body freeze. There is footage of Damien and Lucy getting abused. There is concrete evidence that no lawyer can turn into something it's not.

Aaron Chase is going to jail, and the twins will be free of their father's abuse. Everything is going great with the plan.

"Damien and Lucy are bringing it over in a few minutes. They just texted me that they were leaving their house," Campbell added with a tiny smile.

My heart started beating crazy at just the thought of seeing Damien again. I found myself smiling, and somebody knocked on the door.

Campbell and I walked to the door, and Campbell opened it, revealing Nick. The rest of my siblings flew in yesterday for the holidays. Their girlfriends are also staying until tomorrow before they go back to their families to celebrate.

Nick's dark brown hair was messy, but it looks like he wanted it that way. He wears jeans and a gray hoodie. His face is more mature looking since he is twenty now-an adult.

Whenever he turned twenty a few months ago, Campbell was jealous because she wouldn't turn twenty till January. She was still stuck as a teenager for another few months.

"Nichole want to do a Home Alone movie marathon with popcorn and hot chocolate since it's snowing outside. Do you guys want to join?" Nick asked us with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm down for the count," Campbell agreed, stepping out into the hall beside Nick.

"I am, too, but I'm waiting on two people," I answered, making Nick nod.