Ch. 35 - Choices

I WOKE UP CHRISTMAS EVE with an uneasy feeling

I WOKE UP CHRISTMAS EVE with an uneasy feeling. Something felt off, and I had no idea what.

Maybe I'm just anxious about tonight. We already have everything set in motion for tonight's charity ball.

My father is suppose to make a presentation in front of two hundred people-who all own multiple companies and are extremely rich. But instead of his presentation, it's going to be video footage of him beating me and Lucy, and we also included Brody's confession.

Then after it's over, cops are suppose to come and arrest my parents and Brody. It's an easy going plan, but I'm not feeling too sure about today.

"Damien, everything is going to be fine," Lucy assured me whenever I walked downstairs to get something to drink.

She was in the kitchen, eating some cereal. I noticed her phone was open, and she was texting somebody. Lucy noticed that I was glancing at her phone.

"It's Matthew. He's checking in on me," she informed me with a small smile.

After Micheal gave Matthew the letter Lucy wrote, Matthew and Lucy talked everything through on the phone while our parents were asleep.

He knows of the plan, and he wants to help in anyway he can. He truly cares and loves my sister, and I'm happy for the both of them.

"Hav egos heard from Micheal?" I asked her as I grabbed a bottle of apple juice out of the fridge.

Usually Micheal texts me in the morning to make sure everything is okay.

But he didn't this morning, and it's almost ten o'clock. He should be up by now.

Lucy shook her head,"I haven't."

I frowned, and I decided to text him to make sure he's okay.

Micheal

hey is everything okay? you haven't texted me this morning.

I sent the message before putting my phone in my pocket. I took a couple of sips from my juice before I heard somebody come into the kitchen.

I looked to see my father striding into the kitchen with a smile on his face like everything in his life is perfect.

I rolled my eyes, and Lucy quickly turned her phone off so he wouldn't see who she was texting. I decided to sit beside her on one of the barstools so in case he tried anything, I would be in his path.

He walked over to the coffee machine, and he grabbed a to go coffee cup. He started making his coffee with a little hum. I noticed that he had a white bandage around his hand as if he burned or cut it.

And he didn't cook or clean anything last night to get that. So where in the hell did it come from?

"Today is a big day. Everything is going to go smoothly," he said to us, bringing me out of my thoughts.