Chapter 10: the hogwarts express

Two weeks later, it was the Christmas holidays and Draco was worried about what was going to happen. His father would surely be mad at him. He had forced him to go back to the manor for the holidays.

As he was packing his bag, he realised that he would be at Malfoy manor for 5 weeks.
5 weeks!
Draco didn't think he would make it back to Hogwarts.

He had finished packing and headed down to breakfast, he decided to eat a full-filling breakfast as he got underfed at home and this could be the last chance he could get to eat today. If he could even call that place home.

Once he had finished his breakfast, he stood up abruptly and left the big room, which now had directed most of their attention towards Draco who was unexpectedly leaving.

.
..
...
....
.....
....
...
..
.

Harry's POV:
Today was the day we have to go back for the winter holidays. I would stay with the weasleys though so I was happy for that.
I was having breakfast when I noticed a familiar platinum blonde haired Slytherin stand up and leave the room, all eyes on him.

Malfoy hadn't been the same at all the entire term, he used to bully me and the others, but he hadn't. I almost felt bad for him.
What?! No!
I didn't feel sorry for Malfoy, we hated each other, or did we?
Like I said, we always had, we fought all the time, but it hadn't been the same this year, Malfoy hasn't said one mean thing to me or my friends, instead we had, which wasn't actually good because we were then the bullies, but he had always bullied us. I could clearly see something was wrong.
But I left the thought at that, as I went back up to my dorm and packed a few more bits into my trunk.

When I later caught up with Ron and Hermione, we got on the train and looked for a compartment, but everywhere was already full, probably because we were a bit late.

We luckily found one, but someone was already in it. Malfoy.

"Come on, there's no where else," 'Mione said, opening the door and sat down next to the window opposite Draco.
" 'Mione, you've got to be kidding!" Ron exclaimed.
But I knew there was no way of arguing with Hermione so I sat down next to Draco, so Ron wouldn't start another war.

Ron followed suit knowing there was absolutely no way out of this and mumbled under his breath, "why do we have to be with him?" He groaned grumpily.
Hermione whacked his arm with her book and exclaimed, "honestly Ron! Stop moaning for one second! Your turning into moaning myrtle!" As she rolled her eyes.
"Sorry." Ron managed to get out staring at Malfoy and sneering at him.

Draco's POV:
I was sat in a compartment by myself at the back of the train, which I was glad about, but of course that had to be ruined.
HaRrY bLOoDy pOttER and his friends.
Just what I need.

"C'mon, there's no where else," Hermione said opening the door and sitting in front of me next to the window, and gave me a quick, small half-smile in a way to say, 'sorry, thanks.'
I smiled back to her to let her know that it would be ok.
" 'Mione you've got to be kidding!" Ron exclaimed suddenly, frightening me.

Harry followed Hermione's actions and sat next to me, probably so Weasley wouldn't start World War III.
Weasel we sat down in the empty and murmured under his breath, "why Do we have to be with him?" He groaned grumpily.

Hermione hit him on the arm with her book and exclaimed, "honestly Ron! Stop moaning for one second! Your turning into moaning Myrtle!" As she rolled her eyes.
"Sorry." Weasley we managed to get out glaring and eyeing up at me.

Why did I have to be in the middle of this mess?
I wished that this was all a dream and I would soon wake up, but I didn't, because I knew that this was real.

Soon the trio started having a conversation about what they were doing this winter, when Hermione unexpectedly asked me, "what are you doing for the holidays Draco?"
I was shocked, I didn't think granger would talk to me so nicely.
But weasley said, "probably going on a rich vacation with his family and bragging all about it, because you have the perf-" but I stopped him, "don't say 'perfect life'".
"But you do," he grumbled back.
"That's what everyone thinks, but it's far worse from that," I mumbled the last part.

Suddenly there was a long pause of silence.
"Uhh, so what are you doing?" Harry asked.
"Nothing out of the ordinary."
"So going on a pleasant holiday!" Weasley whined.
"No, no holiday, nothing cool, just staying in the manor, is all," I whispered.
"Well are you excited for Christmas? I wonder what my parents got me this year." Hermione asked.
"What do you mean about you and your parents?" I asked.
"Presents, have you never celebrated Christmas or something?" Hermione asked.
"My presents are always the same." I responded.
"What are you getting, I hope I can get books, some clothes, a trip to this muggle place Disneyland and I hope for a bit of money to go shopping." Hermione said.
"W-what? That all sounds amazing, why can't I get that?" I asked, "I just get clothes and a few books, mainly for school and the only money I get is to spend on school supplies, that's it." I pondered this thought.
"Ron, can I stay with your family for the holiday?" Harry asked.
"Yeah sure mate, sure mum won't mind."
"Great!" He exclaimed.

I then realised I hadn't checked my report card, so I pulled it out and checked it. That's when I realised I messed up bad.
I only have exceeds expectations in only 5 subjects the others were just expectations or just meets expectations. It was probably because of spending so much time in the infirmary.
I was a dead man.
"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I exclaimed.
"Draco, what's wrong?" Hermione asked? I couldn't speak so I handed her the piece of paper.
"What's wrong with it?" She asked clearly concerned.
"I-It's not good enough." I stammer out.
Ron, Hermione and Harry checked over it before Ron said, "what do you mean not good enough? That's amazing!"
"N-No it's not, I-I," I couldn't say anymore, I bought my knees to my chest and rocked myself backwards and forwards, heart pounding, mind racing.
Hermione was the first to know I was having a panic attack obviously, and shoved Harry out of the way and sat down next to me, as Harry sat down in the now empty seat. She held my hand firmly and rubbed circles on my back, but I couldn't stop crying.

I was a howling mess. "N-Need S-Snape" I whispered barely audible but Hermione heard and told Harry and Ron to get professor Snape quickly. They nodded their heads and got up and left the compartment, to go and find Snape, who was probably sat with the other professors.

I didn't know what to do.
I was going to die.
Father would be mad, really mad.
What would he do?
I was in for it now.
He had already said before that, that wasn't half of what to come, what on earth was going to happen I was going to die, that was for certain.