Chapter 1

I'm literally so excited to write this book.
I know I should be writing another chapter for the Taylor x Joe book but I have zero i inspiration for that so here's something different instead.
Enjoy :)

When I'm away from you
I'm happier than ever
Wish I could explain it better
I wish it wasn't true
(Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Third Person's Pov

It was another rainy day in Rome, Italy.
Coraline's parents divorced when she was just seven years old and ever since then, she's been living with her father.
Her father had never been the nicest.
Whenever he got drunk or angry he would let all of his problems out on Coraline but she never told anyone about it.
Over the years she'd learned to put on a facade.

As the girl was tiptoeing down the stairs, trying not to wake her father who was sleeping on the couch, she noticed the empty beer bottles next to him.
He did it again, she thought.
Coraline snuck out quite often to either see her best friend Damiano or to go to a party.

Her and Damiano had been friends since kindergarten and they knew each other better than anyone else; at least Damiano thought so.
Coraline never said a word about how she got treated by her father and always told Damiano the very rare, good moments she had with her dad.
Such as when they both went out to a fancy restaurant on her birthday or when they went for a shopping trip to the big mall on the outskirts of the city.

She knew how sad it would make her best friend if he knew about the behind the scenes so Coraline learned how to make her lies sound believable.

Coraline's Pov

As I walked down the stairs and passed by the living room, I saw my dad on the sofa, completely passed out.
It wasn't an uncommon thing for him to drink too much, then let his anger out on me and then fall asleep downstairs.
The times he actually was asleep were the only times I wasn't afraid to leave my room.
It felt like such a relief knowing that I had these few hours to enjoy life at least a little bit.

As I closed the front door behind me, I took my phone out of my pocket and saw that I had a notification.
It was a text from Damiano: "Sofia's throwing a party tonight. You coming?"
I contemplated if I should go because I knew that Sofia and her friends didn't actually like me but not going wasn't an option.
All the people from school would most likely be there and talk about it the next day.
I quickly texted him back that I was attending and walked to his house.

I checked my phone.
1:07am.
The neighborhood was quiet that night, I was probably one of the only people awake at this time of the time.
After a short walk to his house, Damiano opened the door and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
He always did that.
It wasn't a kiss in a way of i-love-you, it was a kiss in a way of we-are-friends-and-you-mean-a-lot-to-me.
"Come on, Cora. We're already late" he said as he led me to his car and opened the door for me.
"What a gentleman you are, David" I chucked and got into the vehicle.

We always called each other by nicknames because we thought it was more personal and in general funnier.
It was a 15 minute drive to Sofia's house but you could already here the music blasting from miles away.
As we got out of the car, we made our way to her front door and Damiano knocked.
"Hi Damiano" Sofia said in a high pitched voice.
Everybody knew that she had a crush on him but Damiano definitely wasn't the type of guy to date a girl like her.
"Oh, hi Coraline" she then said as she noticed my presence.
"Hi" I replied and we entered the house that was filled up with a bunch of teenagers.