Chapter 15

How did you guys like
the previous chapter?
I have a list of songs
that I want to use for
this story but if you have
any recommendations,
feel free to comment them :)

Here I am waking up
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup
The lipstick stain
Fades with time
(5 Seconds of Summer - Ghost of you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damiano's POV

"Well...she once mentioned Paris but there's no way she's there. That's impossible" I replied and shook my head.
"Are you sure? Just because she only mentioned it once doesn't mean she wasn't serious about it. I have a friend there, Iris. Maybe she's seen Coraline" Victoria then said.
"Yeah, that would be a good idea" I responded.
Victoria nodded.

Victoria and I kept talking about some songs I had written in the past few days and also tried to come up with some new ideas.
"Okay, I think I should go home now. It's really
late and we have rehearsals tomorrow" she said and got up from the couch.
"Umm actually...could you maybe stay here for the night? I don't want to be alone" I asked a bit embarrassed.
"Uh, sure. If that makes you feel better then I don't have a problem with it" Victoria agreed and I have her a slight smile.

Ever since Coraline had left, nightmares had been haunting me in my sleep.
I didn't spend a second not thinking about her and what I could've done to stop her from leaving.
For so many years I was afraid of losing her to suicide but now I didn't know what was worse.
Knowing she won't come back and moving on someday or knowing she's still out there but having no clue if I would ever see her again.

Vic and I both got ready for bed and I showed her where the guest room was.
The night Coraline asked me if she could stay at my place for a while I didn't show her the guest room on purpose. I wanted her close to me. The whole "I'll sleep on the couch" was a lie. I would've never left her alone after what had happened.

Yet, I hadn't been able to let anybody else sleep on her side of the bed ever since then.
I didn't want the pillows and the sheets to smell like somebody else. It already felt wrong putting away the few things she had left at my place so having somebody that's not her sleeping on her side wasn't an option at all.

"Thanks for staying" I told Victoria before I left the guest room.
"No problem" she replied and yawned.
Back at my room, I was alone with my thoughts again.
In my mind I kept replaying the moment I read her note which was also the moment my heart was crushed.

The truth is: I've loved Coraline since we were around eleven years old but I was always too scared to tell her.
I thought that I could gather the strength to tell her now that she was staying at my place but sadly I didn't get the chance to do so.
"If only you were here, sweet Marlena" I whispered to myself as I stared at the moon, wishing my best friend would be right by my side in that very moment.