Chapter 14

I hope everyone's having
an amazing day :)
Here's chapter 14 of
Coraline

Last night for the very first time
You didn't even try to call
Oh I, won't lie
I thought I might die
I couldn't even sleep at all
(Tate McRae - Feel like shit)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback to November 2016
Coraline's POV

I couldn't control it. I wish I could. One voice in my head told me to keep fighting, the other one told me to give up. It wouldn't be worth it anyway. I started to trace the fresh cuts on my wrist that I had made.
"16 years is long enough" I whispered and once again grabbed the blood stained razor blade.
Nothing could stop me from ending it all, or at least that's what I thought.

"Coraline? Cora!" I heard a familiar voice scream.
"Damiano" my voice started to break "please, I can explain"
"No, there's nothing to explain. I thought you were doing better! That's what you told all of us just a couple of days ago" he raised his voice at me.
"You don't understand, it doesn't just go away like that!" I yelled back at him with tears forming in my eyes.
"You know what? Maybe I don't want to understand it. I guess the others were right" Damiano replied and left my bathroom.

I couldn't comprehend what had happened.
My breathing became faster and my hands started to shake.
All I wanted was for him to come back and comfort me like he always did.
I blamed myself for everything, again.

I wasn't able to fall asleep.
Usually he would call me to apologize and tell me everything will be okay but that night he didn't.
"Why did he say that the others were right? What did they say?" I asked myself and closed my eyes, desperately trying to get some rest.

Damiano's POV

I made a huge mistake. I knew how big of an affect my words had on her.
"Does she hate me now?" I whispered to myself as I walked through the cold and dark streets of Rome.
Coraline never had it easy. Her father's an asshole and the people at school didn't make it easier.
As I arrived at home, all the lights had already been turned off.

I tossed and turned in bed. I just couldn't bring myself to call her and apologize. Calling her would only make me feel more guilty.
Sounds selfish, I know, but I was still a bit mad at her. How many times did she promise me to stop with the self harm? How many times did she tell all of us she was doing okay again?
I should've listened to Victoria, Ethan and Thomas when they said that my best friend wouldn't get better.

After another 45 minutes of my brain replaying that one moment, I finally felt my eyes getting heavy and I drifted off to sleep.