Chapter 7

Hey!
I hope everyone's having
an amazing week so far.
I'm currently trying to
write some new chapters
but please don't hate me
if I don't upload them immediately.
Anyway, feel free to check out
the Spotify playlist for this book :)

It was 6:14 and you could barely even read
All the words you'd written down
Of why it was time for you to leave
Your phone was on the ground
And you could barely hear it ring
Couldn't even hear a sound
Couldn't feel a single thing
(We Three - Sara)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coraline's POV

"Why would I want to be friends with someone like you?" Damiano scoffed "You can't even go 5 minutes without crying and annoying the shit out of everyone."
I knew he was right but hearing those words come from his mouth hurt a lot. Damiano was the first person I'd opened up to and I trusted him a lot. He took my wrist, looked at it and threw me against the wall.
I started to get scared. Why was he doing all of this? "You're worth nothing, Coraline, NOTHING" he shouted the last word and I flinched. He never raised his voice at me, this wasn't the Damiano I knew. I wanted to say something but I couldn't; I felt so defenseless.
Damiano raised his hand and...

I woke up covered in sweat. After the cab had dropped me off at my new apartment, I started to unpack some of my things and when it got dark outside, I'd gone too sleep in the small pink painted bedroom. I'd been suffering from nightmares for awhile and every night it got worse. This particular dream felt so real, as if I could predict the future. It's all my fault.
I'm sure Damiano and the others hate me.

My heart started to race and I started to breathe faster and faster. I felt my hands shake and a shiver ran down my spine. Panic attacks had somehow become normal for me but usually I had Damiano by my side, comforting and reassuring me he'd never leave my side.
Now I had no one. Nobody to tell me it was all going to be okay. I slowly got up, walked into the bathroom and searched through my make up bag. I started self harming when my father became more and more abusive. It felt like an escape, a relief almost.

No one could stop me from doing it so I grabbed the blade, took a shaky breath and made the first cut. Then the second, the third and the fourth. I couldn't stop myself. After a couple of minutes, my entire arm was covered in fresh cuts that were bleeding like the Niagara falls. I looked at the letter that I had written a while ago. It was a goodbye letter to the little amount of friends I had.

The night before, it was one of the first things i'd unpacked. I initially wanted to throw it away because I thought I wouldn't need it anytime soon but I was wrong; maybe this was the day it would all come to an end.
But I didn't want that day to be my last one.
I tried to read the words but I could barely see anything through the tears.
My legs became shaky and I collapsed to the ground. The last thing I could hear was my phone ringing...