Chapter 13

I'm trying to write
longer chapters right now
so I might not upload everyday
but I still hope you liked the
previous one <3
Also, all the names for the
cafés and stores are made up
haha

You're the only friend I need
Sharing beds like little kids
We're laughing 'till our
Ribs get tough
But that will never be enough
(Lorde - Ribs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coraline's POV

I smiled at the little photograph and put it on the kitchen counter.
I still had to get a lot of things like furniture decorations but for now, I was busy with all the things I'd brought.

After almost four hours of unpacking non-stop,
I decided that I should at least get something to eat since my stomach was growling pretty loudly.
The weather outside was gorgeous so it was a perfect opportunity to try out a new café.

I quickly changed into some new clothes, did some hygiene and locked my apartment door so I wouldn't get any unwanted visitors while I was gone.
Paris was a crowded city, yet it was so beautiful with all of its different colors.

I was walking through the streets of the capital city when I noticed a small coffee shop right around the corner.
"Le café d'Arielle" I whispered as I read the sign.
It reminded me a bit of Disney's Arielle which made me smile.

The line inside wasn't too long which meant I wouldn't have to wait for too long.
When it was my turn to order, the face behind the counter looked a little too familiar.
"Hello miss, what would you like to order?" the woman said.
"I uh-one Iced latte to go please" I answered with a slight stutter as I tried to figure out where I knew her from.
"Sure, that'll be 2,90€ please" she then replied.

While she was preparing my order I noticed a bracelet on her wrist.
A blue one which looked like a kid made it.
I looked back at my wrist; I was wearing the same one.
I wanted to tell myself that it was probably just a funny coincidence but something inside was telling me that it wasn't.

When the woman gave me my coffee also she seemed to have noticed the little accessory on both of our wrists.
I waited for her to say something but she didn't.
"Here you go, have a great rest of the day ma'am" she spoke.
"You too" I responded, took my coffee and left the small café.

Now I focused on where to get some groceries since there was absolutely nothing in my refrigerator.
Paris was a beautiful but also enormous city which meant getting lost every now and then.
I didn't exactly know where I was at when a certain something caught my attention.
It was a grocery store.

"Finally" I whispered to myself and pushed the door of the store open.
The entrance bell rang and I got greeted by a grumpy old man sitting on a chair next to the counter.
I only smiled and walked straight to where the fruit was at.
I grabbed some bananas and apples and continued to shop some other necessities before walking back to where the old man was sitting at to pay.

"What's a young beautiful lady like you doing here?" he said while scanning my items.
"I'm not sure what you're talking about" I replied.
"Well" the man stopped what he was doing and looked me in the eyes "Usually the only customers we have are either people that want to buy cigarettes or alcohol. Those people are also men for the most part. So it surprises me that you chose this specific store to get your food at." he explained and I nodded a bit confused.
I saw the different packs of cigarettes that were displayed behind the man.
"A pack of Gauloises please" I quickly said.
He nodded and scanned them.
"That'll be 49,28€" the cashier responded and I slid my card through the machine since I didn't have enough cash with me.
"Have a nice rest of the day" I spoke as I exited the store but the only response I got was a growl.