Chapter 10

TW: violence

please don't read this chapter if you are sensitive to this topic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did you guys like
the previous chapter?
Comment your suggestions
for songs :) And ofc stream
Red (Taylor's Version)!

After plaid shirt days and nights
When you made me your own
Now you mail back my things
And I walk home alone
(Taylor Swift - All too well)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback to August 2018
Coraline's POV

It was 2am and I was lying next to my sleeping boyfriend. I felt so numb. He took away my innocence that night and I felt so angry, yet so guilty. I somehow blamed myself for what had happened although I knew it wasn't my fault at all. The amount of times I told him to stop, how long he did it, how much it hurt. Nothing could ever be the same as it was before, that's one thing I knew.

Slowly I got up and tiptoed into the second bathroom down the hallway. Gio's parents were away on a business trip for a week which meant we had the house all to ourselves.
I locked the door and slid down the door, sobbing.

Why?
Why me?
Why him?
Why now?
Will he do it again?
Will he brag about it to his friends?
Will I ever be able to trust him again?

Those were the questions I was silently asking myself as I cried while hugging my knees tightly.
Something inside of me vanished that night.
Maybe it was the love I thought I had for him, maybe it was the trust I definitely had in him.
It felt like my life was slowly falling apart, piece by piece.

I was so caught up in my breakdown that I didn't even notice someone yelling my name.
"CORALINE! WHERE ARE YOU!?" Gio screamed as he stomped through the hallway.
The anxiety in me was rose with every loud step he took.
"I know you're in there, Coraline. Open up!" He shouted but I couldn't bring myself to do so.
I was terrified of him.

"I swear to god, if you don't open up right now you will have to deal with the consequences" Gio then threatened.
I took a deep and shaky breath as I rose to my feet and unlocked the bathroom door.
He looked so angry.
"I'm sorry, I just-" I was cut off by a fist hitting my face. It took me a moment to realize what had happened.

My cheek hurt and I wanted to cry but I knew that if I did, it wouldn't end well either.
"I want you to leave" he demanded and I nodded with tears forming in my eyes.

I lowered my head as I wandered back to the bedroom. As I entered the room, my things were scattered all over the floor. I let out a small sniffle and started to pack my stuff again.
My heart was still racing and my hands were shaking. In that moment I desperately needed someone to tell me that everything was going to be okay. Someone who would hold me until I felt alright, someone who would love me unconditionally but I couldn't think of anyone that would possibly want to put up with a mess like me.