Chapter 8

How did you guys like
the previous chapter?
Let me know what songs
I should use next :)

Did you ever make it out
Of that town where nothing
Ever happened?
It's no secret that the both of us
Are running out of time
(Adele - Hello)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damiano's POV

A couple of days had passed since Coraline left and I just couldn't stop thinking about her.
Is she okay? Is she thinking of me? Has she already forgotten about the band and I?
A million questions in my mind that I had no answer to. Even writing about it didn't give me any comfort. On the contrary, it had made me even more anxious.

It was another sleepless night and I was sick of not knowing if Cora was even alive. My phone only had 12% left but I didn't care. I scrolled through my list of contacts and pressed call when I saw her name. Instead of her sweet voice, I heard the annoying voice mail.
I called again and again and again.
Nobody answered.

"Damn it!" I yelled and threw my phone against the wall.
I sank to the floor and hugged my knees as the tears started to fall. This couldn't be true.
I was trying to come up with a plan to find her but I wasn't able to think straight anymore.
The only thing I was able to do was pick up my now slightly broken phone and call Vic.

"Vic? You need to come over right now, please, it's important" I explained, my voice all shaky.
Ever since Coraline and I were little, we both dreamed of making it out of Rome some day.
We didn't have a clue where exactly we would want to live but we knew that nothing could every come between the two of us.

15 minutes after the call, Vic arrived at my place and rang the doorbell. I ran to open the front door and she immediately engulfed me into a comforting hug. Once again, I was on the verge of tears and I wasn't able to hold it back.
Vic was rubbing my back and whispering sweet nothings into my ear as she tried to calm me down.

"Now tell me what happened, Damiano" she said as we sat down on the sofa.
I was trying to gather my thoughts so I could talk about what had happened.
"Umm...so Cora was living at my place for a couple days because, you know, family issues. I didn't mind it, I actually really enjoyed her company. But suddenly, she was nowhere to be found. I tried calling her but she never answered the phone and I have no idea where she could be" I explained.

Vic nodded.
"That's a really serious situation. Has she ever talked about a certain city or place? You know, somewhere she might be at right now" Vic interrogated and I started to think.