Chapter 5

Another update :)
I hope you guys enjoy
this chapter, feel fresh to
leave your options in the
comments!

Can't you hear me
I'm not coming home
(Billie Eilish - My future)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damiano's POV

It was almost 8pm when I returned from the studio. On my way home I picked up some groceries and snacks since my fridge was pretty much empty. I parked my car in the driveway, got the bags out of the trunk and unlocked the door to my parents' house.

When I entered the house, no lights were turned on and it seemed like nobody was living there. "Coraline? Are you there?" I called while I put the groceries on the kitchen counter.
As I was about to look upstairs for her, I noticed a little note on the dining table.

Hey,
I'm sorry but you and I both know I can't stay here. Please don't go and search for me, I made my decision.
Goodbye

I couldn't believe it. I didn't know if I was supposed to be angry, sad, shocked or scared.
Somehow, I felt a mix out of all four.
My heart was pounding and I started to panic.
Coraline could be out there getting kidnapped or have even worse things happen to her.

I started wondering why she left.
Was she sick of my presence? Was she forced to leave by somebody else? Would she change her mind and come back?

No explanation I could think of seemed to make any sense. It was getting late so I decided to get ready for bed. While I was laying in bed, I simply couldn't put my mind to rest.
Everything reminded me of her.
The rain hitting against the windows, the picture of us both on the sage green wall, the sweatshirt she left in my closet.

Hours passed and I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to try and write my thoughts down.
Writing lyrics usually made me feel a lot better so I got a notebook and a pen and wrote down everything that came to my mind.

Quindi Marlena
torna a casa

Marlena was Cora's second name. The band and I used to call her that to tease her but right now, the nickname gave me a lot of comfort.

Quindi Marlena
torna a casa
che il freddo qua si
fa sentire

Quindi Marlena
torna a casa
che non voglio più
aspettare

Quindi Marlena
torna a casa
che il freddo qua si
fa sentire

Quindi Marlena
torna a casa
che ho paura di sparire