Chapter 9

TW: r@pe, self harm

pls don't read this chapter if you are sensitive to these topics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!
I'm currently trying to write
chapters in advance so I will
be able to upload more
frequently.

Guess it wasn't enough
To take up some of my love
Guys are so hard to trust
(Avril Lavigne - Don't tell me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback to August 2018
Coraline's POV

It was a cold night in December and I was staying at my boyfriend's place. His name was Gio, short for Giovanni, and we had been together for 5 months. When we'd first started dating, he treated me like his queen; for the first time I felt like somebody actually loved and cared about me. But after a while he started to become violent with me. Whenever Gio would be in a bad mood, he would let it out on me. At first, I was surprised and tried to fight back but after a while, I just gave up.
Every word, every movement, every moment of silence between the two of us kept me up at night.

"Cora! I was looking for you everywhere!" my boyfriend said and sat down beside me on the king sized bed.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I was-" I was interrupted by Gio putting his finger over my lips.
"Shh, darling, don't say another word. You and me are going to have a wonderful rest of the night, okay?" he replied and gave me a smirk.
I knew exactly where this was going but truth told, I was terrified.
"Here" he said and tossed me a box with a ribbon on it.
As I opened it, my eyes fell on the red lingerie which was 90% lace.
"Now go change" Gio demanded and I made my way into the bathroom.

As I was changing, I noticed the scars on my left shoulder. Those were at least 3 years old.
I started cutting myself when I was 14.
I thought that I would feel better but it only made me feel worse. It felt like a battle with myself.
Those aren't enough cuts.
Make them deeper.
Where's the blood?
Others could do a way better job than you.
You can't even cut yourself.

I took a deep breath and unlocked the bathroom door. Gio looked up and down at me.
"Now come here" he said with a smirk.
I nodded and sat on the messy bed. Before I could say a word, he started kissing me all over the face. Gio knew exactly that I wanted to wait until marriage but apparently he couldn't seem to respect my decision.
"No, please, stop" I whimpered as tears started rolling down my face.
"Why, don't you love me?" my boyfriend said in an angry tone.
"Of course I love you but I told you I want to wait" I tried to explain but that made him even more furious.

Gio started taking off the bra he made me put on and soon enough he was so into it, nothing could stop him anymore.