Chapter 6

I'm back with a new chapter :)
Maybe I'll make a spotify playlist
with all the songs used for this
book but I'm not sure yet.

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it
Would be so I tuck myself in and turn
My nightlight on
(Taylor Swift - Never grow up)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coraline's POV

I had called a cab so I could get to the airport as soon as possible. The driver turned on the radio and I immediately recognized the voice:
It was Damiano.
After getting second in X Factor, the gained a lot of new fans and their cover of Beggin' became a hit.
I thought of the day the band told me they wanted to participate in the contest.

We were all sitting in the little studio they had rented, anxiously waiting to hear back from the casting directors, when Victoria saw a new email appear on the screen. Damiano quickly opened it and gasped.
A shiver went down my spine as I read through what it said: Congratulations! You are invited to audition in front of the judges of the X Factor on September 1, 2017. Please respond to this email within 72 hours or your spot will go to somebody else.

None of us cared to read the rest as we all jumped from our seats.
"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE GOING TO BE ON TV!" said Damiano.
"I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!" I replied while giving each of them a hug.

"Ms Rivera, we've arrived at the airport" the driver informed me and I wiped the few tears that had rolled down my cheeks.
I opened the car door and grabbed my suitcase from the trunk.
"Thank you" I said and handed him the money for the drive.
I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and made my way to the entrance.

It was around 4pm so the airport was extremely crowded.
Families going on vacation, business men trying to catch their flight, cleaners getting annoyed with people who mindlessly kept throwing trash on the ground.

I checked in my luggage, went through security and eventually entered the plane.
The flight had gone pretty smoothly; no crying babies and most importantly, no turbulence.

As I exited the plane, I was hit the cold french air. I wasn't used to the cold since Rome was a very hot place. I yawned and made my way to get my luggage and eventually call a cab to get me to my apartment. Falling asleep on planes had never been my thing so whenever I got back from flights, I was exhausted.

To my surprise, it barely took me 5 minutes to find my suitcase which meant I wouldn't have to spend any more time at the airport.
The cab arrived and I finally closed my eyes for the first time in hours.
The apartment was about 3 hours away so I could at least get a bit of sleep.