chapter 9

Editor: C_H_N_K_U

Something like you is a plague upon everyone's life."

Loiyorel played the piano by moving his fingers.

"She died, He died. They died. But you," the person clenched his teeth, "You are life. It's unfair."

The person started to shout, but the only thing he could hear was the melody coming from the piano. The person kept yelling, suddenly blood scattered against the keyboard. Loiyorel lifted his hand, and blood scattered over it. His breath hinged, then he opened his mouth to scream.

Itony opened his eyes, tired. The pain settled, but why was he feeling pain in the first place? The novel said nothing about the extreme pain he was feeling. Was it a punishment from his past life for being the only one?

"Sally," he called tiredly.

He stretched out his hand. His body felt weak like a man who hadn't eaten in days. He was thirsty. Itony tried crawling to the jug on the table.

"Thirsty."

This reminded him of something that happened in the past.

"Mommy! Please, mom! Don't leave me!"

The car had hit them both. Loiryel's head was badly damaged. He was crawling towards his mother, who seemed far away.

To protect him, she had attempted to throw him out the road. Loiryel had landed on an old lady, but what they never expected was that an out of control car was coming towards them.

The old woman had embraced him, but it didn't stop the strong impact of the car, so it hit both of them. By the time he was conscious again, both his mother and the old lady had died in a brutal manner.

At that time, he wasn't old enough to understand anything. But, Loiryel could remember that day like yesterday, just like how he could not forget the growing pain inside my heart.

Itony fell off the bed, distracted by his thoughts. The glass jug dropped on the floor and scattered.

As if in a trance, Itony looked at the shattered pieces of glass on the floor then went to pick up broken glass. He gripped it tightly and saw blood dripping from his finger. Itony turned to put it on his wrist and sink it deep into his skin. As if on cue, Sally came in and saw Itony.

"YOUNG MASTER!"

He snapped out of it. He was shocked to see what he was doing. Sally ran up to him, threw the glass out of his hand and hugged him dearly.

"I know it's painful, master. But don't take your life. It will get better. Please, don't do it, young master. Life is precious." Sally cried.

"Sally, what just happened?" He asked, stunned.

"Young master, young master," she held him tighter, not able to talk.

He didn't understand what he was doing. He didn't understand what he was trying to do.

"Sally, why are you crying?"

Sally couldn't say anything. She gently stroked his soft green hair. Itony didn't understand why she was doing this.

"Young master," she called.

"Sally."

Sally looked at the little boy whose bright eyes came back. She smiled gently and pinched his cheeks.

"Sally, I'm hungry," he looked up at her.

"Of course, I shall get you something to eat."

"I want water. I'm thirsty," he said.

"Yes, now let's get you away from here."

Sally saw blood coming from his hand. She narrowed her eyes.

"Young master Itony," she said.

"Hmm?"

"Don't ever try to harm yourself again," she said with a serious expression.

"Huh? Why would I try and hurt myself?" he asked, annoyed.

Sally blinked, she knew this child, and there wasn't a hint of a lie in his eyes. She wondered about the incident that happened before. The cut in his hand was clear from the glass. Should she inform the Duke? This could be a problem.

"Master, do you not remember?"

"Remember what?"

Itony was clueless. He then looked at his hand as it stung.

"I cut myself on a piece of glass. I am gonna need a medic."

He didn't seem to remember that he was the one who cut himself with the glass shard. Something was definitely up. Sally decided to have Itony checked by the doctor as he had attempted to take his own life.

"I shall go bring dinner, master. Please wait here and rest for a while," she said.

While she was outside, she told a maid to watch him closely.