chapter 11

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Recently Itony noticed the people around him had drastically decreased. Not only that, he was transferred to a different mansion.

"Damn that Duke," he mumbled under his breath.

Not that he minds since this place was beautiful. The mansion was rich and clean. He hadn't seen a speck of dust nor dirt. There was also the most beautiful garden he had ever seen. In the said garden, he was currently reading. With legs stretched out in front of him and back leaning against a tree, he could feel his completely healed feet. 

'At this point, I might as well become a scholar.'

Itony has been reading, sleeping, eating and bathing. He felt like a baby. He felt a sense of crisis because of the repeated cycle. He needed to do something, or he might go mad with boredom.

"My! Aren't the grass a bit greener over here? They did say the grass is greener on the other side, bullshi-"

*Slap!*

"Master should never utter such foul words," Sally scolded him.

Itony held his lips with both hands as he held back the tears that threatened to fall.

Recently Sally had turned into a complete mother figure. She scolded him when he did something wrong; taught him to be polite and have noble etiquette. She never allowed him to swear. He didn't dare before because of her constant glare from the back, but he got too comfortable and forgot. He received a shocking consequence of disobeying mother bear.

"I'm sorry," he said cutely.

Sally, who could not bear to stay angry at the cute boy, picked him up and hugged him.

Sally's life wasn't simple. She was a noblewoman before. She was even a mother, but her husband and son died in a carriage accident. The poor woman could barely get over the grievances. When she found that their deaths were planned by her in-laws, she was furious. With her heart filled with hatred, she swore to get revenge. 

She approached the Duke, asking for his help to get her revenge. But even after killing them with her own hands, it still didn't end her pain. So to repay the Duke, she wanted to raise the young master Elias, but it only deepened her grief since watching the young master Elias made her only envious of the Duke. The Duke had a son, whom she had lost. Moreover, seeing the child was too afraid to approach his father. 

When the Duke reassigned her to a child adopted from the slums, it didn't sit well with her. She didn't judge people. All people were equal in her eyes except for scum like her in-laws. She didn't like Itony's greedy and rude behaviour at first, but she couldn't blame him; he was from a poor environment after all.

After serving the young boy for a week, she wanted to quit because she felt her loss was too much to bear. The children weren't as close to her as her son, not that she wanted them to be, but she wanted them to at least spend some time with her, then maybe she could get rid of her ever-growing grief.

But when the master changed, something strung up a unique bond. A bond that she only felt with her son. She felt needed by this sickly boy. She loved how her pain was slowly leaving her.

That night, when she embraced the boy within her motherly hug, she felt as if her attachment to the child was complete. 

It wasn't that she was replacing him with her son. There was no way she could see her son in Itony. Her son had been more like Elias, a healthy social butterfly, whereas Itony is an understanding and caring boy who craved knowledge. 

She couldn't see her son in Itony even if she tried. She saw Itony as her second child, being with whom she felt like all the ache and grief that was engulfing her was finally subdued. 

Sally no longer felt the loneliness that encaged her. It was the sole reason she swore on her life that she would protect Itony. She would try her best to keep him happy and safe no matter what.

"Sally, I'm bored~~"

"Would the young master like another book?"

"Nope. Where is Elias? He will know what to do. We will play together," Itony smiled innocently.