chapter 14

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Itony turned to Yvette.

"I thought you said his skills were outstanding," he said, frowning.

"It is outstandingly horrible," Yvette said.

"Then why did you let him play and get me excited?"

Yvette shrugged his shoulders.

"A butler must show off his master's skills and perfection," Yvette joked.

"Perfection my a- ehem."

The truth was, Yvette wanted Itony to tell Elias to stop because he was horrible at it.

The first time Elias picked up the violin and started to play, the teacher and servants passed out in sheer horror, and Sorren (Yvette) was deaf for two weeks. All he could hear in those two weeks was a banshee wailing which sounded more decent.

The second time they had to change the teacher because the teacher was crying and shouting, 'Only a miracle can help him.' Sorren had to use protection magic to not go deaf. When Elias played the violin, Sorren couldn't hear a thing, but he knew Elias was still awful since the servants' ears were bleeding.

On a day when Elias was playing, the Duke happened to pass by and hear him play. The Duke had immediately jumped in and burned the instrument to smithereens and looked at Elias and said,

"Might as well go on the battlefield from now on since you are so eager to kill people," then left.

It was then as if a switch was flipped inside Elias, and he was ever eager to play his come a long way since then, even if it still sounds horrible, but he came far, which made Sorren very proud.

Itony sighed in distress then got up. Yvette looked at him and thought he wanted to stop him, but what he did shocked him more.

"You are awful, but I can sense you're trying hard, so let's fix it up a bit."

Itony took the violin from him.

"Pay close attention to understand."

He placed the violin in the correct position, then closed his eyes, took a deep breath and started.

The room went silent as Itony began playing, Itony didn't really want to play, but something inside him was pushing him. He didn't like how he recalled the past, the pain, the deaths, and the silence.

Elias, Sally and Yvette were silent. Their hearts ached when they looked at Itony, who was playing the violin. They could only feel pain and sadness.

Sally remembered her son and husband's funeral.

Yvette recollected the memories of his brother and family.

 Elias recalled his lonely days without anyone to play with. He remembered the days he would stand in the hall staring at the portrait of his mother and wondering what it was like to have a mother.

Sally thought of the emotions filled with despair felt by the boy and could barely hold back her tears.

Loiyorel, despite living a reckless life, had many pains, and many deaths had followed him. Everyone he ever loved and formed a bond with died, and that one painful event that made him remember that person started to flash in his mind. Itony immediately threw away the violin in shock.

"I don't want to play anymore, I don't want to," Itony started to cry.

"Brother!"

"Young master!"

Sally ran up to him along with Elias.

"I don't want to see! I don't want to see any more!" Itony cried.

"Don't worry, young master. I'm here."

The person who loved to play and light up Itony's day, The person who played so lovingly made Itony love to play as well. He would just play for that person and wouldn't care but on that day. That horrible day-

*gunshot*

*splat*

Loiyorel opened his eyes wide as blood splattered all over his hands while playing the piano. He looked up at his hand then turned around to see the person's dead body soaking in blood. With the violin in hand, he then looked at the many people suddenly running all over the place. Time felt slow even though it was moving fast.

"You see now? Everyone around you eventually dies."