chapter 12

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

A boy with golden blond hair that shone brightly like the sun, coupled with enchanting ruby-red eyes, was marching in a not-so-noble manner; the boy's pace was fast, almost running.

"Young master, that's not the right posture."

"Go away, Yvette," he said coldly.

No one would believe that the boy was once sweet as honey and gentle as the swan; he was now cold, distant and aggressive. The sole reason was that he wasn't allowed to meet his younger brother for half a year.

Now that the young master was allowed to see his younger brother, he wouldn't even slow down for a second.

"Your brother Itony is sick," the Duke, his father, coldly stated.

The boy held his head down sadly while feeling guilty.

"I'm aware," he said.

"Do you know why?"

"B-because of me."

"True, your brother gets easily sick, so from now on, don't let strangers around him, no one, understand? If I catch any-"

"Your excellency," the butler interrupted, "Young master Itony requested your presence. He misses you," the butler said with one eye closed.

Elias blushed with his ears turned red at the butler's words.

"You will go see him, but you must remember to be careful, and before you go, you must be thoroughly checked, understand" the Duke glared at him.

"Understood,' he said, looking up at the man for the first time.

The boy had to be checked by magic and by a doctor. Elian had to go through many procedures like who he has been with, what he has been doing, and was sick of late.

Many might deem it unnecessary, but for his sickly cute younger brother, it was necessary, and he will go through it again just to get a glimpse of his pure younger brother.

Finally, Elias was in the garden where said person always was. He looked at the laughing figure making a crown out of flowers. Elias always saw him making something with his hand. When the boy completed the flower crown, he lifted it in the air to have a better look. Sunlight shone upon him, and the wind blew his green locks, making his lil brother look angelic and pure. As if he could sense what Elias was thinking, Yvette thought,

'Young Master, try not to get too obsessed; it's unsightly.'

"Yvette, isn't he too precious?"

"Young Master, you're being creepy."

"S-shut up!"

Elias' shouting immediately caught Itony's attention, and as soon as his eyes graced upon them, he smiled so brightly that Yvette felt his eyes burn.

Elias, who was on cloud nine seeing his brother happy to see him ran quickly up to him only to have his daydream broken with an-

"So unfair!"

Elias paused when he saw Itony's mean glare at him.

"Um, bro-"

"Who's your brother? Go away, I'm not your brother! You are too ugly."

As if someone bashed his head with a brick, it hurt. Yvette held back his laughter which almost spilt out of his mouth.
,
"Brother, that's not-"

"You are so tall! I was scared shi- spineless," Itony said.

Elias could feel himself cry on the inside.

What Elias didn't know was this was Itony's payback for calling him ugly. Loiyorel was a petty person. He can hold on to something uttered by a child. It was immature, but Itony didn't care. He was bored out of his mind, so he needed to be mischievous sometimes,

Another thing that Itony hated was that Elias was getting really tall. They were only a year apart, but the height difference was like the sky and the earth, even though Itony was exaggerating a bit too much.

Itony had to spend half a year in a wheelchair while Elias was busy going to school, practising swords, and God knows how busy he had been. Whereas Itony had been so bored out of his mind that he didn't mind if someone asked him to watch paint dry, though, he did something similar; Itony has been watching grass grow. Boredom had been getting the best of him, and if he didn't do something quickly, he might as well die from nothingness.