2

Brad

I was brooding.

Truth be told, it was pretty much all what I did these days.

Why wouldn't I be?

Everyone, literally everyone in the pack had found their mate but I hadn't. I was the alpha but I was the only one alone and without a mate. It was pretty tragic. I had to watch everyone be all lovey dove with their mates but I couldn't get to do so.

I had searched countless times for my mate but it was all to no avail. I was beginning to think I didn't even have any mate.

After feeling bored for God knows how long, I got up from my bed and walked out of my bedroom. I strolled the hallway, heading towards Alec's room. He was my friend, also my beta. As I approached his room, my super  sensitive ears picked up the sounds coming from inside his bedroom. To be specific, I heard moans coming from inside the room, it sounded so loud in my ears that I had to slap my hands over them. It was obvious he was with his mate Ashley.

I decided to not badge in on them like I usually did and went ahead to go find my second friend, Andre. As I approached his room, the smell of arousal invaded my nostrils.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I muttered under my breath.
It was also obvious he was with his mate Gia.

I sighed in disdain. I decided to take a walk outside instead. I stood In front of the huge mansion my father left behind, which was also the pack's house, and took a deep calming breath, letting myself hear every single sound around me. All I heard were sounds of either laughter, sloppy kisses or moans.

The realisation of being alone hit me real hard that I couldn't take it. With one last deep breath, I shifted easily into my wolf form and ran off into the woods.

I roamed around the familiar woods for hours to clear my head until the full moon reached its apex. I knew I had to return and control my pack before they started running off to hunt or feed off  humans.

I was just about to do that when a very pleasant smell invaded my nostrils. I paused for a moment and inhaled deeply, that action suddenly made me feel...excited?

I started moving to the direction of the smell, the closer I got, the more intense the feeling became. I didn't only feel excited, I felt drawn, I felt the vulnerability, I felt my heart beating faster.  Then it hit me.

I finally found my mate.

So I picked up my pace until i finally heard her voice. She spoke ever so softly. when I finally laid eyes on her, my heart stopped.

Sitting on a tree stump was a girl that looked to be the prettiest I had ever seen. Her long light brown hair fell by her shoulders, her eyes were glittering even in the dark as the moon illuminated every inch of her face.

She was beautiful.

But she had tears in her eyes which made my heart feel heavy.

Immediately, I wanted to go to her. Talk to her, wipe her tears, tell her that I was going to protect her and also tell her she's mine but as I took a step forward, I felt a tree branch break underneath my paws.