22

Layla

"Thank you for coming to my rescue" I said to Cole once his car pulled over. He had picked me up from and drove me all the way here. I didn't know where 'here' was but I assumed it was his pack because I could sense other werewolves around.

"Anything for you Layla" I bit my lip and looked away before his words could get to me.

We both got down from the car and I looked around. Unlike Brad's mansion, Coles was more like a circle of houses with an opening to drive in. I followed  him past the other houses until we got to the biggest one of them, which I assumed was his.

"Welcome to the blood moon pack, you will be my special guest of today" he smiled back at me the minute we entered into the house. It was big and beautiful, although it wasn't as exotic as Brad's mansion.

But who's comparing.

He took me up the stairs and showed me to the guest room that was fully furnished.

"I know you might want to be alone" he stood by the doorway while I walked in towards the bed, admiring the simple but beautiful room.

"Yeah I do" I agreed. "Thanks again" I forced a smile out. He tilted his head to study my face.

"You sure you don't wanna talk about it?" He asked again. I didn't want to tell him anything only because he was my ex. But then again, he was once my childhood friend and he knew alot about me.

Also my chest was full and threatening to explode if I didn't pour this out. I turned away and got to the bed, taking a seat by the edge. I started feeling the rush of emotions again, recalling the night with my mom and the argument with my dad. I fought to hold back my tears but I couldn't for another second. One tear rolled down, then another and another.

The next second I heard Cole's footsteps quickly approaching me.

"Layla please don't do that" he sat beside me and wiped my tears away, but that only made me cry more.
"Please tell me what happened" he looked ate straight in the eyes.

"My life is falling apart" I said

"Why would you say that? Layla talk to me" he cupped my cheeks.

"My mom and dad got divorced" I choked out. His eyes widened at me, he opened his mouth but then closed it. Probably not knowing what to say, he just pulled me closer and pressed my head against his chest, somewhat higging me and stroking my hair.

"I am so sorry Layla. That's terrible"

"I thought they were so happy together, I thought they couldn't live without eachother" I said with pain in my chest.

"What was their reason?" He asked

"I didn't ask and honestly I don't care what their reason is"

"Layla" he pulled me away from his chest to look at him. "In relationships, people do things, wrong or right but you can never fully understand them except you know their reason"

"You mean like how you dumped me because you found your mate" I spat, making him dumb for a few seconds.

"That's a low blow but yes" he sighed.
"You should hear them out"