28

Layla

Cole's eyes fell on Brad's hand around my waist. I wasn't sure but I think I saw his jaw clench as he looked back up at me.

"I just wanted to know how you're doing. You were not okay the last time you came over" Cole blurted out.

Brad looked at me after his statement, clearly wanting to question me about it.

"I'm much better now, thank you" I said before Brad could open his mouth.
"And, I have a date with Brad" I told him.

"Oh" he said, clearly not liking the idea. I could tell that because of his reaction.
"Cool"

"I guess, I'll head back now" he said, still not moving from the spot he was standing. His eyes lingered on me for a few more moments before he finally turned around, got into his car and drove off.

I looked up at Brad expecting him to throw me a hundred questions but he didn't. He just held out his hand for me.

"Shall we?" I looked at him weirdly, but took his hand. He walked me to his car and opened the door for me.

He drove us down to a pretty fancy restaurant, which he had surprisedly already set up. After the waitress came and took our order, Brad started.

"Layla I'm sorry for what you went through because of me and I'm sorry for what I did to you. There's no excuse in the world that can justify my action" I saw sincerity in his eyes as he spoke.

"I accept your apology and I'm hoping we can put that behind us" I smiled shyly.

"And about last night.... "

"I'd rather not talk about that right now" I hurriedly said, feeling shy all of a sudden. I still couldnt understand what came over me last night, so I definitely wasn't ready to talk about it.

"Okay" he smiled at me, probably hearing how my heart starting beating fast immediately after his question.

The waitress returned with our food and then we started eating.

"I really want to know every thing about you, every tiny detail, even the most irrelevant thing. I want to know things about you more than Cole does"
I paused, surprised at his statement. Was he still thinking about what Cole said. Was he feeling jealous or insecure?

"Brad, you shouldn't feel that way. Cole wasn't just my ex, he was my friend for a long time. i assure you, as time goes by, you will know everything about me" I smiled to brighten up the mood.

"Besides, I'm glad I met you" I said truthfully.

"Really?" H smiled, eyes twinkling.

"Yes, maybe it was destiny after all" I said, although I was just trying to convince myself that it was really destiny and soulmates do exist.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I think being a werewolf is kinda fun" I admitted.

"Then I can't wait to show you everything you can do" he told me. I smiled back at him, actually anticipating it.