8

Layla

I got to my first class a little late after trying to make sure my eyes wasn't red and swollen. Thankfully, the teacher was nonchalant and didn't even bother to ask me why I was late.

The morning classes went by in a blur, with me not even focusing on anything I was being taught. I was also in a shitty mood. Once it was lunch time, I spotted Ashley and Gia with the boys on a table. I didn't want to bother sitting with them but as I was just about to change direction, Ashley saw me and waved me over.

I sighed and walked over to them. Ashley quickly scooted over to make room for me on the long seat and I sat down just opposite Brad. Immediately his intense stare pierced through me. I tried to ignore it and eat my food.

The girls and boys were talking and laughing while I just listened but after a few mins, I didn't even realised I had zoned out until a voice pulled me out of my clouded thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I didn't expect it to be Brad who spoke. I blinked once, twice, and then I noticed everyone was quiet and they were all staring at me.

"I'm fine" I said, feeling uncomfortable. "Excuse me" I stood up from the table and walked away hurriedly, this time, I didn't carry my food tray.

I was walking towards the bathroom again but I could
only get so far.

"Hey new girl" I recognized the voice immediately I heard it and when I turned around, Hayley and Chloe were strutting towards me. I stood and watched them.

"I'm still not interested in joining the cheerleading team" I said as a matter of factly.

"Oh no, this has nothing to do with the cheerleading team" I furrowed my brows, confused.
"But this has everything to do with Brad" I was still confused as to what she was saying.

"So I see you have caught the eyes of Brad" she gave me a once over, "What does he see in you?" She said with common fascination.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I said. I didn't even know why I was still even standing and listening to her.

"You have only been here for what? Three days? And you already captured the attention of Brad" I had no idea why she was talking about him like he was some god. For God sake, what was it about Brad that everyone was talking about him.

"I'm really not in the mood for this Hayley" I turned to walk away but she grabbed my arm and yanked me back, "I'm talking to you"

"Let go of me" I whipped my hand away from her grip and at the same second, my right hand flew up and I slapped her hard on her face, shocking both her and myself.

"Stay the hell away from me" I warned her while she stared at me wide eyed.

Just as I was about to walk away, something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. When I looked, Brad was standing there staring at the both of us. I didn't bother wondering if he saw what ha happened, I just turned and walked in the opposite direction.

I really didn't mean to hit her but she chose a very wrong time to try and bully me and i for one do not tolerate bullying.

After the close of school, I stayed back in the library to study a little. I didn't want to be distracted from my studies especially with the change of school stress. When I came out of the building, I saw the bus driving away.