Chapter Sixteen

*Not Edited*

Chapter Sixteen

I couldn't take my eyes off him. Though I had seen a picture of him and knew how good looking he was nothing could compare to the real thing.

God, he was a sight for sore eyes!

He was huge which was typical for Werewolves but bigger than anyone I had seen before, his height added to his allure and largeness. My eyes betrayed me as they scanned his tanned face, skipping his green eyes and landing on stubble covered jaw before sliding down towards the rest of his body.

A small whimper pulled me out of my thoughts, I turned my heard slightly towards Cami who looked like she was about to burst into tears. I squeezed her hand tightly to let her know I was here and also to provide her with some comfort.

"Alpha." The men muttered in unison and bowed their head slightly.

I wasn't sure if I should to the same or not, each pack had their own traditions and custom and the Alpha of our town was more liberal than the others. It was better to be safe than sorry so I nodded my head towards Cami, indicating her to follow my lead.

I looked towards the ground and swallowed harshly as I heard the Alpha make his way over to us. Cami was still shaking and there was nothing I could do other than squeeze her hand to keep her calm.

After what felt like hours, two dark shoes entered my vision. The Alpha was in front of us. I didn't dare to look up even though my body was urging me to. I don't know what it was, I've never felt this way before, never had such a strong urge to look at someone never mind an Alpha.

I wish I could explain my actions and say why I did it but I had no reason or explanation other than I needed to. I raised my face and looked into his eyes.

My muscles froze as we both stared into each other's eyes and I let out a sharp breath. I had never met a man so rugged in my entire life. I didn't know what I am doing or what I was feeling. I couldn't process anything.

Realising the huge mistake I was making, I sharply put my head down and prayed I wouldn't get in trouble for my lack of control.

He took a step closer and grabbed my chin roughly causing tingles to run through my body. He lifted my face up so he could have a better view of me. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

Why did you look at him Nala?

I opened my eyes but kept my gaze away from his. With his other hand he touched my hair that was framing my face, fingering the strands before pushing them completely away. Without a word, he released my chin and grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

Shit, is he going to kill me now?

He bent down until he was at my level and put his face at the side of my neck.

Was he...smelling me?

No of course he wasn't, why would he do that? Maybe he was going to bite my neck off?

The thought sent a cool chill down my spine and tired my best to remain still and not panic. He stayed there for a few seconds, his hand on the back of my neck tightening as each second went by but I didn't dare to make a sound. No one else around us made a sound either, not the Werewolves or even Cami who had dropped my hand.

He relaxed his tight grip on the back of my neck and I expected him to move away but instead I felt something warm on my ear. It lingered there for a fraction of a second before making a trail down the side of my neck to my shoulder.