Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty-One

This time it was silence from my end as I tried to comprehend the stupid sentence Cami had just uttered.

Has she lost her mind?

Nothing good will come out of Cami telling the truth, nothing at all. The web of lies I had spun has gone too deep and too many people were involved. There was no way I could backtrack from this and expect to leave scatheless.

"Cami." Her name came out of my mouth slowly as I resisted the urge to scream. "What are you talking about?"

"I want to tell everyone the truth." Cami repeated the sentence however her words weren't as confident as the first time she had uttered it.

"Why?" I gritted out. "Why do you want to do that?"

She must have been able to hear the annoyance and frustration in my voice as her words came out quiet. "I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

Taking in a deep breath, I tried to calm myself down. It would do no good to either of us if I yelled at her and told her she was crazy to suggest this. I understand where she was coming from and I knew she felt bad about the predicament we were in but it's done now. We needed to resolve this, end the chapter, not create more issues.

"I promise you, I'm not hurt." Right now. I added mentally.

It wasn't Cami's fault, she has no idea what has happened since her and Uncle Tom left here. For all she knows I'm being tortured everyday and she's the reason why. She has no idea that there's no real threat anymore, anyone or thing that could hurt or cause us issues has gone.

"They're investigating us, they'll find out the truth."

"No they w-"

"Someone knows the truth anyway." Cami continued ignoring my interruption.

Frowning, I racked my brain as I tried to think about who she was talking about. My eyes widened as I realised who it was.

Miles.

She was talking about Miles. She must be constantly on edge worried that whoever saw us would tell the Alpha and point to us as the murderers. I debated on whether or not I should tell her about Miles. I wanted her to know that he wouldn't be a problem for us anymore and that she could relax and not worry about anyone saying what they saw us do or threaten to do so but I also didn't want to freak her out by telling her that Miles did tell the Alpha what happened and that he's dead now.

"Nala, I-"

"Wait, one second." I told her as I ran through possible scenarios in my head and wondered what the best option would be. Should I tell her or not?

"Okay, so I'm going to tell you something and I don't want you to panic or freak out. This is good news for us."

It was bad news for Miles though.

"What is it?" Cami asked hesitantly.

"I know who was behind those messages we received."

"What!"

Wincing, I moved my phone away from my ear as Cami's yell almost busted my eardrums. "Shh, stop screaming."

"You know who that was?" Though she was no longer yelling her voice was still incredibly loud.

Briefly I explained to her that it was Miles who was behind it all. The creep was watching us, watching our house and saw us put the bastard's dead body into our car, drive up to Saddleworth Moors and bury the body.