Chapter Fifty Three

Chapter Fifty-Three

Pure unfiltered panic was displayed over both the Alpha's eyes and his face. Even though I had no idea what he was panicking about or why my question evoked this reaction, I expected the emotion to be quickly removed like usual.

Except this time it didn't, he still had this trainwreck look in his eyes.

"W-what?" His voice came out rough and his voice was filled with shock.

It was the first time I had ever seen him like this, he was usually very composed or very angry.

His reaction sparked an interest in me and I sat up straighter, my eyes and mind on wide alert so I could gather more information on this peculiar turn on events.

"What am I to you?" I repeated the question and watched as he swallowed harshly.

"You- you.."

Why was he reacting like this? I had only asked him a simple question, why was he stuttering over his words like a toddler.

Alpha Alessandro cleared his throat. "What do you mean?"

Narrowing my eyes, I made a mental note of every single reaction he had displayed. "Am I your prisoner, your maid or your guest? What am I exactly?"

Relief filled Alpha Alessandro's eyes and I swear his body also slumped in relief as he let out a chuckle.

What did he think I meant?

"Well?" My tone was filled with impatience as I observed him recover.

"I have not decided yet."

Gritting my teeth I asked him another question. "When can I go home?"

The smile of Alpha Alessandro's face disappeared in an instant.

"You're not."

"You can't keep me here forever. You know that right?" My head was starting to ache again.

Alpha Alessandro was silent as he stared at me.

"You do know that right?" I said the words slowly as I stared back at him.

A calculated look began to form in his eyes, he was thinking about other ways to keep me here, I knew it.

"If you want to punish me, do it. I don't care anymore, just let me go."

It was inevitable that I would have to pay for the crime committed against his cousin and I would rather do it now and get it over with than keep waiting for it to happen.

"And your sister?"

My heart began to accelerate. "What about my sister?"

Raising an eyebrow he answered my question. "She needs to be punished for her crimes."

Her crime? How is it a crime to defend yourself against a paedophile?

"Leave her out of it. If you want to punish someone for that, punish me. She's just a kid." A kid who had been through so much, no one deserves this especially not Cami.

Alpha Alessandro leaned down so his face was inches away from mine. He softly grabbed my chin. "And if the punishment is death?"

My breath hitched slightly. Was that the punishment for what Cami did? Death? Is this how it all ends for us? After Alpha Alessandro captured us I had every intention of fighting for our lives, however, I knew there was a big chance we would die. As more time went by that percentage of dying began to dimmer down and the percentage of us overcoming this was beginning to become brighter.