Chapter Thirty Five

Note: Hi guys,

I know it's been a while since I last uploaded anything, I did post a general note to briefly explain why I've been absent a while ago. I was very optimistic about my health and thought I would be back to good health within the week or so and would be back to uploading again. I was wrong, very wrong. Unfortunately, instead of recovering, my health got worse and without going into too much detail, I've spent the last few months either completely bed bound, unable to even lift my head up or in hospital. I wish I could say I was exaggerating when I say I thought I wouldn't make it. I spent some days thinking it would be my last and other days praying the pain would end one way or another. It was a dark time both physically and mentally and I shudder just thinking about those days.

This has been a sh*t year in terms of my health and personal life but I am very grateful to say that I am recovering (actually recovering this time) and though I have not been given the all clear to work/travel etc I am able to do basic things without support and help and will start uploading again. I want to thank you all for being so patient and for your kind words, I haven't been able to respond to anyone because of reasons mentioned above but from this point onwards if you do leave a message or get in touch I will respond to you.

I will start uploading again from today and all stories will be uploaded at least once a week but I will try to do multiple uploads if possible. You can read ahead on my patreon, www.patreon.com/kayy_b

If you have any questions please send me a message, please don't ask about what happened. I'm not ready to talk about it just yet but I will do when I feel comfortable.

Thank you again for your kind words and being so patient.

-Kayy xx

Chapter Thirty-Four

My mouth flung open and I stuttered a few times. My actions seemed to have amused the Alpha as a small smile graced his face.

Why would he tell his cousin?

Does he want me to die?

"Y-you told...w-why would...cousin...what?" Words came tumbling out of my mouth but none of it made sense.

I cleared my throat and tried again. It took me a few tries before I finally managed to talk. "Why?"

"Why what?"

What the hell do you mean 'why what?'

"Why did you tell your cousin? What exactly did you say to her? Did you tell her everything? What did you say? What did she say?" The questions spilled out of my mouth frantically.

The Alpha raised his eyebrows. "Are you scared?"

Noooooo.

I looked away from him tried and thought of a different approach to take. Despite his actions most of the time I had this inkling that deep down the Alpha cared a little about me. I have no idea why he would since he think I'm the one who killed his cousin but it was the little things he said and did that made me wonder about this.

At the start when he thought Cami and I had something to do with his cousin's disappearance, instead of locking us up and torturing us like I expected him to do we were given a room to sleep in and food to eat. He let Cami go and for some unfathomable reason he moved the rapist's body and didn't tell anyone.

He obviously believed Miles from the beginning when he disclosed to the Alpha that Cami and I buried his cousin in the Moors because he went there and removed the body. When Miles told him this information why didn't he torture and punish us? Why didn't he question us further? Why did he go by himself to the Moors to check it out and then move the body so no one could find it? I could put the first part down to him not fully believing Miles but when he did find the body why didn't he kill us? He had to have known Miles was telling the truth and we killed his cousin. Why keep us alive?