Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty-Six

My mouth was gaped open as I stared at him trying to comprehend what he had just said.

He wasn't going to help me?

I didn't understand. He was willing to help me before why has he changed his mind now?

"B-but your parents." I croaked out, my voice filled with disbelief. "They're going to ask me questions."

"And I should care why?" His voice was cold and I couldn't help but shiver and wrap my arms around myself.

"If they find out the truth, they'll kill me." I whispered as I searched his face trying to find something that would suggest that he was just joking and would help me.

"Again, I should care why?"

I didn't have an answer to his question or how to respond. I know he shouldn't care about me or what happens to me but I felt as though he does and will. Since I got here my instincts have gotten strange and I was doing and feeling things I wouldn't on a normal day. I had to stop listening to it, it's gone haywire.

But if I didn't listen to my instincts then what should I listen to?

If I couldn't trust myself who could I trust?

"Look." I began to say slowly. "I know you're angry but please I need your help."

The Alpha scrunched his face up in mock sadness. "Oh you do, do you?"

Why was he acting like this?

"Yes I do, I don't want to die!" Why wasn't he understanding how serious this was? His bloody parents were here!

"Your sister should have thought about that before she killed my cousin." Alpha Alessandro snarled, his eyes filled with anger.

"She was defending herself. Your cousin fucking raped her!" I screamed back at him, my own body filled with anger and despair.

"How do you know it was rape? She probably wanted it."

Something snapped in me and I regretted my actions as soon as I did it. I slapped him with as much strength as I could. My hand was stinging from it but at that point I could care less. I didn't regret it because I thought he didn't deserve it because he did, he deserved it, I regretted it because I needed his help and this wouldn't be helping my case in receiving it.

"You're disgusting!" I spat out. "You're just like him, fucking disgusting."

He grabbed my hands and squeezed them tightly causing me to wince. "Do that again and I'll breaking your fucking hands. Do you understand?"

When I didn't respond he squeezed it harder causing me to let out a whimper. "I said, do you understand?"

"Yes." I gasped out trying to pull my hands out of his. His eyes met mine and after a few painful seconds he let go of my hands.

"Do not forget your place. I am an Alpha and you are just a human. A pathetic human."

I kept my head down and bit my lip as I struggled to keep my tears at bay. I thought I was doing the right thing by telling him the truth but his reaction told me I was wrong and that I should have kept lying.

"What's going to happen to us?" I asked softly, my eyes staring at his large retreating back.

"Us?" The Alpha turned around and I saw the shock in his eyes.

Why was he shocked? Of course I would ask what would happen to me and Cami now that I've told him the full truth and his parents are here.

"To me and Cami." For some reason I felt as though I had to clarify who I meant by us even though it was obvious.