Chapter Sixty Six

Chapter Sixty-Six

Though the door had been slammed shut for a few minutes now, I still laid on the ground staring at it.

What just happened?

My mind was trying to process it but it was struggling, it didn't help that my neck was still throbbing too.

Why would he think I planned this? How was it possible to even plan this? Yes I had been trying my hardest to get me and Cami out of this mess ever since that fateful night but even I hadn't thought of doing that.

Realistically what had I actually done? What had I said? I tried to think back to what I said that could have possibly triggered his wolf to mark me, however, I was finding it difficult.

He had told me that he would help Cami, ask for a lenient sentence and I had embraced him unexpectedly. I highly doubt it was the closeness between us that affected him, we had been in so many compromising positions before and nothing even remotely close to what transpired today had ever happened.

Was it because it was the first time we had been intimate in a non-sexual way?

Surely it couldn't be that? Perhaps it was something I said? I racked my brain for anything unusual I had said that could have made him react like that.

Before he marked me I told him that where we to have met differently, I would have wanted him, I would have wanted to be his mate, his Luna. After that all he kept saying was 'my mate, my Luna.'

Was that the trigger word? Luna.

How was I supposed to know it would set him off? I hadn't said the word first, he had. He told me that I would have made a good Luna. He mentioned the word Luna first, not me!

He couldn't blame this on me, no way.

Getting up from the floor, I tried opening the door but it was locked. Seriously? He locked the door?

"Alpha Alessandro!" I began banging on the door. "Alpha Alessandro!"

I continued knocking on the door despite no response for him. The guards that were on the hallway watched me but neither of them did anything.

"Alpha Alessandro!" I kept knocking and knocking and knocking to the point where my hands were becoming both sore and numb.

What had developed between us wasn't my fault and he couldn't blame this on me. He couldn't go back on his words either, it wasn't right, it wasn't fair. He said he would help Cami, he couldn't back out or changed his mind now.

After a while I gave up my persistent knocking and sat down on the ground, leaning my head against the door. I would wait him out, I don't care how long it took, he would have to leave his office at some point.

"Nala." A deep voice said from above me.

Glancing up, I found Beta Kieran standing over me with a bemused look on his face.

"Hi." I simply said, trying to give him a smile but it came out as a grimace.

Beta Kieran raised an eyebrow. "Hi."

"I'm waiting for Alpha Alessandro." I informed him, he was probably wondering why I was sat on the floor in front of the Alpha's office.

"I see. Does he know you're waiting for him?"

I nodded. "Yep, I've knocked." Like a million times but he's not answering, I added mentally.

"You need to go back to your room Nala."

I shook my head. "No, I need to talk to Alpha Alessandro. It's important."

"Nala, don't make me drag you back." Beta Kieran threatened.