Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

My eyes snapped open within a second of hearing that word. My confused brain picked on the word immediately and demanded attention.

Mine?

What does he mean by that? What's his?

My brain was trying to comprehend what he meant by that word, it was trying it's best to but it wasn't working like usual. It felt as though there was a huge thick dense fog in it's way and to understand anything I had to manoeuvre my way through it to get to the clear section where I can take in what he said.

He must not have realised he had said that because he continued to close the space between us, his lust filled eyes lighting my body up. However the light was fading as I started to frown. I wanted to know what he meant by that. Even though my brain still felt as though it was intoxicated and part of it wanted me to ignore it and kiss him the other part of it was screaming that I stop and pay attention.

The latter part of my brain that was screaming 'danger' won and I found myself moving my head back. "What?"

"Hmm." He mumbled, trying to close the distance I had created between us.

As the fog in my brain started to dissipate, my hands dropped from his hair and swung lifelessly by my side. "What do you mean by 'mine'?"

It was as though I as watching a movie, the lust and passion from his eyes became to disperse and his face began to harden. This time it was him who was confused. "What?"

He clearly had no recollection of saying it. Unsure of whether or not I should ask again, I shook my head. "Can you put me down please?" He was still holding me up and my feet was dangling around as if I was a ragdoll.

He did as I asked but kept our closeness which made things even more awkward and tense. Deciding to create space both mentally and physically I took a small step back.

Alpha Alessandro didn't seem to like that as a frown began to form on his face. "What did you say earlier?"

What did I say earlier? Do you mean what did you say earlier?

"Erm." I didn't want to answer him, I had this feeling that he would not like my answer even though he asked for it and was the one to actually say it.

"Did you say 'mine'?" He leaned closer, his eyes filled with curiosity and something else I couldn't quite pinpoint.

Nah, that was you!

Why the hell would I say 'mine' to him and why the hell did he say 'mine'? Was this some sort of territorial wolf thing? They claim everything as theirs, even their prisoners?

In a way I guess it made sense, he was an Alpha after all. Everything did belong to him.

"Did you say 'mine'?" He inched closer, his tone filled with urgency as if he had to know the answer.

Swallowing harshly I shook my head. "No I didn't." I paused before continuing. "You did."

Alpha Alessandro snapped his eyes away from mine instantly but not before I saw a glimpse of disappointment on his face.

Why was he disappointed? Did he want me to say it?

You're going crazy Nala, why would he want you to say that?

A tense silence fell upon us and I rubbed my hands together nervously as I waited for him to continue. After a couple of minutes of silence and me looking at the back of his head I found myself becoming slightly impatient.

"So." I began to say. "Can I have my phone back now?"

He said he would give it and I was hoping I could hold him to his words. However, he did ask for something in return. A kiss.