11: meeting a new perspective

Poppy POV:
I'm staring out over the water sadly after Biggie left last night. I pinkie promised he wouldn't be unsafe or get into trouble but... I broke it. Branch and Hickory are talking quietly on the other side of the boat as I steer our way through the water. I was the worst queen ever. How was I so stupid of not thinking about the trolls that actually wanted us harm. And I don't know how Hickory knew but he was smart, maybe he can just see the future, or... whatever... Anyways, I don't know what to do anymore. Y/N was gone so I was only half a kingdom. Branch thought I was going to make a mistake, which turns out I didn't. Hickory fought for us once again which to me only improves my trust in him. My trust was beginning to fade with Branch though.

Suddenly a huge galaxy ship flies above us and cover the little light that was coming through the clouds. Huge bubbles shoot out from underneath the ship and I smile, finally seeing something familiar. The boys scream and try to fight the bubbles, meanwhile I touch it and immediately gets sucked into it and up towards the ship. The boys are traveling soon behind me, all of us screaming in total panic. But as we get sucked up into the ship, I stare with astonishment at the lights and the trolls living there. The bubbles pop and I land on my feet as the boys fall onto the ground. I look around and see a shadow at one side of the room.
-Prince Cooper invites you to vibe city, a troll with a long neck says and I stare in astonishment.
-Cooper!? I ask astonished. It looked just like him except that his hair was way shorter and his hat was missing! His favorite hat at that! The troll laughs.
-No, he says. Suddenly Cooper walks in and I gasp.
-What in the hay... Hickory says.
-I'm Cooper! Cooper says with his long hair and green hat.
-And I'm prince D, the other one says.
-Were twins! Cooper says.
What in the hay indeed.
-You haven't happened to come across Y/N would you? Hickory asks.
-Who? Prince D asks.
-My sister. She... we lost her in the dessert and we just wanted to know if you've seen her? I ask shamefully.
-You lost Y/N? How? Cooper asks.
-Yeah, she's hard to miss. Looks exactly like her, Hickory points at me.
-We have seen no Y/N on our journey yet, a blue tall troll comes inside.
-Poppy, meet my mom and dad, queen Essence and king Quincy, Cooper introduces me.
-your mom and dad!? I yell.

Y/N POV:
I see trolls gettin ready by the exit with their instruments and speakers. When I follow them I meet Barb at the very frontline of them all.
-Hey Y/N! You ready to get your first string? Barb asks and hands me a guitar... what...?
I take it hesitantly and anxiety starts filling my stomach. We're we about to raid a whole village right now looking for a string? As Riff, Barbs drummer flies away to "unplug their power" we lift higher. Barb leads me up to the roof and as we get up I can see a giant spaceship. Oh no...

Poppy POV:
-And the trolls never lived in harmony again, king Quincy explains after the song.
-So trolls live in isolation.... Because of what pop did? I ask in disbelief.
-Pop tried to destroy our music, queen Essence says.
-Just like Barb is going to do, Branch says.
-I-I can make it right! We can make it right! History is just going to repeat itself until we get everyone to realize that we're all the same. Y/N would agree with me, I say.
-But we're not the same, king Quincy states.
-That's why all our strings are different. Because they reflect our different music, queen Essence fills in. their thoughts roll in my head.
-Denying our differences is denying our truth, who we are, king Quincy says.
-I... haven't thought of it like that before... I say softly, regretting leaving Y/N in the lonesome flats. Regretting almost every thing I've done this whole time.
Suddenly a loud alarm blares through the ship.

Y/N POV
Riff plugs the power before we start making our way in. There was a way in at the top of the ship were our smallest vehicles could fit through. I stick to Barb as we move on to the ground and take trolls hostage. But as per usual, Barb needs to have a talk with the leaders in the village.
-Hey King Quincy and queen Essence! Aw did you gather the whole family for me? Oh how nice, Barb says as she swings her hips. I didn't dare be shown to them and I kept to the background. I knew I was in trouble with the country trolls already but I don't think I wanted more of that.
-Send them into the cells, Barb sneers as she finally got the string from a rock troll that went searching for it. As they get taken away, I see something I never thought I see. I saw Cooper and... a Cooper lookalike. I stare wide eyed at them and my brain goes quiet as Cooper notices me and his head perks up.
-Y/N? What're you doing, aren't you gonna stop them? Cooper starts yelling at me. I keep quiet, knowing that I was defenseless and could do nothing about this situation. It would totally blow my cover. Cooper looks angrily at me once he understands what's going on.
-You traitor, how could you!? I counted on you! Cooper continues to struggle all the way into his cell. I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding and Barb walks up to me.
-You know that guy? She asks.
-Nah he was... he was an old friend, I say and gulp, before I look at her. She looks confused at me.
-huh, alright... Anyways, let's go, the quicker we get the strings together, the quicker we can get this party started! Barb starts walking towards our bus. I look after the cells flying out and I see Cooper looking sadly and disappointed at me and I look sadly after them as the cells disappear.
-You coming!? Barb yells at me.
-Hmmm? Oh yeah I'm coming, I say and turn towards Barb, immediately following her into the tour bus. Guilt fills my chest.

Later;
I watch with fascination as the funk string gets delicately placed on the creepy looking guitar. As soon as the whole ceremony was done, everyone goes to do their own thing. Barb turns around to smile in victory, but sees no one there. She looks desperately around and sees that I am the only one paying attention. Barb frowns and slumps down into her chair. I was sitting on the stairs, but reflecting off of her cheek was a silent tear. She quickly wipes it off, thinking that no one saw and sniffles a little bit. I look around the bus. Once again the trolls were minding their own business, trying to quietly talk and laugh amongst each others, no one paying any mind to their queen. I hear sobs starting to come from Barb and turn towards her. Her hands cover her face, probably ashamed of herself. I stand up and walk up to her. I gently touch her hand and she swats my hand away. The look in her eyes show fear as I try to not panic. Her eyes are glistening with tears and her jaw is tightly clenched.

I don't dare speaking. I was afraid she'd throw me out of the window right then and there. How was the confident and cocky Barb so closed off from her own people? The people she calls friends? How was she so broken down?
-Barb... what's going on? I ask. Her arm quickly looses its strength and falls down onto her lap. Tears pour out from her eyes as she cover her face again. I look panicked at her.
-Why doesn't anyone want to be my friend? She sobs. Oh... ooohhhhhhh.... She was alone.
-Why is there no one here that cares about my accomplishments, huh? She asks as she aggressively dries her eyes with the palms of her hands, before looking up at me. Her drying was to no avail as tears continue streaming down her face.
-This job is so lonely, must be nice having someone there to hold your back, she growls the last part. She was envious of us. Of King Quincy and queen Essence. Of me and Poppy.
I sit down on the arm rest of her chair and she glares out over the bus. She sighs angrily. I gently push her head towards my side. She pushes away.
-Hey what're you doing!? She asks nervously.
-I'm trying to help, now come here, I say sternly.
-No I don't need your help, she says offended.
-You clearly do, so now shut your mouth and let me help you, I say, putting my foot down. She looks shocked at me and doesn't move a muscle. So I sit down next to her and pull her towards me. She doesn't fight it and just falls into me. I stroke her head gently. Butterflies were filling my stomach and I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. But I feel her arms slump down, I let out a breath. She was finally relaxing. I can feel her cold arms wrap around me as she cries onto my shoulder.
-Just relax, I tell her. She takes a shaky breath.
-Why does no one care? She asks shakily.
-They do Barb, I say.
-They clearly don't. Look at them, trying to shy away from me... she explains.
-Well I do.... I whisper to her.

My heart beats loudly and as if she could hear it, she looks at me. My ears become warm. What was my body doing? What's going on? Her crimson red eyes stare into mine. Why did I describe her eyes like that?
-I'm sorry, was all I could say. She cracks a smile and dries her nose and snickers. She pulls away slowly and nervously turn to the other trolls and grins evilly, her persona taking over once again.
-Haven't heard that in a while, she says. Her snicker was like a new kind of music. A new wonderful type of music that I'd love to explore until the end of my days, if that's how long it would take.

Oh no....

Was I falling for the queen of rock...?