17: Let me hear you

Y/N POV:
As the wave disappears I blink. In my hands was a broken guitar and the strings, which were also broken. I hear a groan behind me and I look. Poppy was standing up, rubbing her head. I gasp and drop the guitar, running at her.
-Poppy, Branch! I shout and envelop her in a hug.

Third person POV:
As Y/N helps her sister and Branch, Barb walks towards the guitar.
-No... Barb says and kneels down at the guitar.
-My strings, she says and picks them up. Y/N, Poppy and Branch all turn to the queen of rock. Y/N noticed that the world has turned gray... just like in Bergen town. Y/N watches Barbs pained face as the string dissipate into nothingness. Barb stands up and turns to the three. Y/N stands in front, pushing the other two behind her.
-What have you done? You destroyed music! Barb says and gasps go through the arena. Y/N becomes sad, because she knows it's true. It was a risk that was calculated long before she did this, and it was one she was willing to take.
-Give it up everybody, thanks to the queen of pop, we've all lost our music! Barb announces into the arena. The leaders of the other music looks sadly at each other and at Y/N. But she doesn't look down, no she meets their judging stares with a sad Stoick face.

Y/N POV:
-History repeats itself, Barb slumps again. My heart breaks at the sight.
-Pop has ruined everything, Barb glares at me with tears in her eyes. She meets my eyes for a second, before she turns away again. It was quiet. Nobody said anything. I look back at Poppy and Branch, who holds each other. I then look at the crowd. They hang their heads, look sadly at each other, and then... then I look at Barb. An angry tear falls down her cheek and onto the floor. She stares hopelessly onto the stage below her feet. I finally let my sadness overcome me. My tears also fall. My music was gone. All music was gone. Not only would I never hear songs from my childhood again, I would never discover any of the new music I had grown accustomed to either and worst of all... I'd never hear Barbs genuine laugh again.

I dry my tears but they keep on falling.
But they stop as a low thumping is heard in the speakers beside the stage. I look out to the crowd and gasp, watching Coopers heart glow faintly pink and as it thumps, it sounds in the speakers because he found Barbs microphone. I take a couple of steps past Barb and I look at him and his supposed twin as he joins in beatboxing.
-Those are my sons... making music, queen Essence says from beside me. I look at her before I look back at the look alikes in front of me.

Suddenly a clapping and tapping is heard from beside me and I look over once again, to see the queen of country tap her hooves into the hard rocks below and claps her hands to the rhythm. Her heart glows in a string orange color and she looks to her people to join. A whole section of the arena lights up in an orange color as they joint in on the rhythm. I smile and let out an airy laugh. The royals of funks heart start lighting up purple and the next section joining in on the music lights up purple. A wave of all the colors corresponding to their own genre of music lights up through the arena.

-Queen Barb can't take away something that's inside us. Because that's where music really comes from, Queen Essence says. Barb looks wondering at her. I turn back to Poppy. Her and Branch's hearts are thumping in a pink color similar to Coopers. They looks happily surprised at me.
-It started with the strings. But now it comes from us, King Quincy says and joins his wife.
Suddenly a beautiful choir of "oh's" sounds and I turn back around to look at the crowd. I look at everyone. Everyone has their own genre of music thumping inside of their hearts. I look at Barb, who looks absolutely lost and send her a warm smile.
-Yeah! It comes from our experiences! The king of techno says.
-Our lives! The queen of country says.
-Our cultures, Queen Essence finishes.
-Beautiful, Hah, the king of classics say and laugh happily.
-Listen to that... I say.
-Barb can't take that away, I say and put my heart over my own heart, but look down to see it thump a different color everytime. It shifts between pink, purple, blue, green, orange and red. Every thump my heart makes, it changes.
Barb looks confused around. She doesn't understand a thing we're saying. She wasn't taught this. She was taught to hate other genres. But she didn't have to.
I look over at queen Essence, who nods gratefully at me. I nod back respectfully before sending a last quick glance into the crowd.