33: Y/N and Barb, sitting in a tree...

Y/N POV:
I slightly wake up. I don't open my eyes, I keep them closed but I feel the nice comfortable warmth from Barb and snuggle into her side and I let out a content sigh. I then hear a similar sigh and I lean my head up and slightly open my eyes to see Barb smiling down at me and I close my eyes and laugh airily.
-How long have you been awake? I ask.
-Just a few minutes... ten... fifteen, Barb says and then I hear some ruckus from the tv that sits across from the bed. I squint my eyes open and see some reality show of a chef on the tv on a very low volume. I then take a deep breath and stretch before I lazily open my eyes. I then just look up at Barb with admiration. I do that for a minute since she is watching the tv, before she looks back at me. She carefully pets my hair and I just stare at her. I then look at her lips and once again think about what it would be like kissing her. I bet it would feel really weird since her lips can be really chapped and she hates having to use chapstick.
-Like what you see? Barb chuckles.
-Of course, I flirt back.
-What time is it? I interrupt the moment as I feel my face blush.
-Uh it's about 1? Barb says and looks at her phone.
-Alriiight well what do you say we do something for the day? I ask and sit up.
-But we are doing something, Barb whines and points at the tv show the chef is yelling at a contestant. I look at her with an unimpressed look.
-Barb this isn't "doing something". Come on let's go out, look at some shops and restaurants, I try to urge her and she tries to pout her way out.
-Ok let's finish this show and then I want to find you a nice shirt, I walk my fingers up her arm and then boop the side of her nose. She makes a victory gesture as she turns back to the tv. I take one last look at her relaxed face and lips before I look at the tv too and at least try to pay attention and not think about her too much. But it's hard, it's really hard. All I can think about his how soft her arm is against mine. I turn back to her and quickly look away once I realize I looked at her lips again. This vacation is gonna be very long...

We are out on the town and I drag Barb into one of the shops that me and Poppy earlier had scoped out. Barb is trying some shirts she found while I walk around and look for some fun clothes.
-Hey Y/N, Barb calls out for me and I turn to her.
-Does this short look better all buttoned or like two buttons open? Barb asks and unbuttons two buttons and flips the collar of the shirt. I look at her in the mirror and think.
-I like the unbuttoned look, it's nice, I say. Barb grins and nods and flips her hair around and models in the mirror. Barb notices me staring and sends me a look back in the mirror and I smile back at her.
Why is she doing this to me?

We decide to eat out at a local restaurant to try something. Well I wanted to try something, Barb just ordered the most similar thing to what exists in rock city. We enjoy the music, the vibes and the scenery from the restaurant. As Barb nods along to whatever's playing on stage, I look at her again. Her hair bouncing as she's nodding and her fingers tapping on the table. But once again I am drawn to her lips. They're a little bit more chapped than usual because it has been hot today and we haven't really drink enough water to stay hydrated. They curl into a smile and other expressive vowels as she's digging to the music. I take her hand in mine and she looks confused at me since I disturbed her tapping. I just give har a smile and a small shrug and she she grins back before she looks back on the stage.

(Cue cool for the summer by Demi Lovato)*meant as a mental singing*
I run my thumb over her hand carefully and sigh.
"Tell me what you want, what you like, it's okay
I'm a little curious too. Tell me if it's wrong, if it's right, I don't care"
Barb looks at me impressed as everyone applauds.
"I can keep a secret, can you? Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind, got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite"
I look her lips once again.
"Don't tell your father" I lean closer to her.
"Kiss one another" I lean onto her as we are sitting in a booth.
"Die for each other" Barb puts her arm around my shoulders and I smile, happy I'm in her presence.
"We're cool for the summer"