39: Record

Y/N POV:
-I have the blueprints and the plans at Gristle's castle, I got my bag at the room and the keys in my hand.... Ok I got this! I repeat to myself.
-Babe, you've gone through the steps already, Barb says.
-I know. I just have to... remember and not freak out, I simply say.
-What do you have to freak out for? Barb asks as she sits down in one of the sofas as other rock trolls arrive and start putting up their stuff in the recording studio.
-Just the responsibility of six kingdoms on my shoulders, I say and sit down in the recorder chair to set up the chords and headphones.
-And you being alone for a month, I add.
-Oh I'll be fine, Barb waves off. I turn the chair and look sarcastically at her.
-Oh come on Y/N that's not fair, Barb says.
-It's very much fair, I laugh.
-You literally destroyed half of your castle when I wasn't there last time. You blew my phone up and made it lag for 2 days and on top of that you had only eaten a bag of chips over 3 days! I say.
-When you say it like that, she says sheepishly.
-It WAS like that Barb, I say.
-What if I say I've changed? She tries.
-Don't test me, I slept 4 hours last night, I turn back.
-So did I! Barb says.
-No you fell asleep when I had just gathered all of the papers, I say.
-Fair enough, Barb says.
-You want a kiss? She asks.
-Sure, I say but continue with my nose in my papers.

Barb snickers and laughs a little and walks up to stand behind me. She puts her hands on the table in front of me at my sides and lean down to kiss my head. I look up at her.
-I'll help you out so you down freak out, she says and sits down in the other chair.
-I'll freak out if I leave any of this to you, I roll my eyes and roll her chair away. She gapes in comedic shock and I laugh as I turn away and start setting up all the mixers and programs. Barb is watching from behind me and rolling closer the more I finish up.
-How do you remember all of this? She asks. I look at her and pause.
-The same way I remembered all the rooms and halls in your castle, I say and she grins.
-You ready to get started? I ask and nod towards the booth where all the instruments are set up. She rubs her hands together and jumps out of her chair and into the booth. Riff hands her a pair of headphones and she takes her guitar. Riff walks to the drums and put on his own headphones as he carefully hits all of the parts of the drum to see if he hears himself. Barb takes after him and strums and plays the notes on her guitar.
-Are ya'll good? I ask I to the microphone and Barb looks surprised at me. All of the rock trolls send me a thumbs up and I nod and look at my list.
-Ok let's start wiiiiith...

As the day came to an end, me and Barb got into our hotel room in Bergen town and just flopped onto the bed.
-Oh this is niiiice, I sigh which makes Barb snicker.
-Only 6 days left, Barb says and leans onto her elbow beside me.
-for you, I look at her and groan. She smiles so big she shows her teeth.
-What did I get myself into? I ask her.
-It's cool! She says.
-But I'll be stuck here and you'll be at home, I pout.
-Yeah... that does suck, she says.
-Oh, I almost forgot! I say and sit up.
-I got Poppy and Branch to keep you company the next month, I say.
-Really? They'd do that? She asks.
-Yeah, of course! You're all friends, they know what to look out for, I say.
-What if I freak out again though? She says shamefully. I lean down towards her.
-It's ok Barb, I say.
-Trust me when I say that you'll be ok, I say and grace my hand over her cheek. She just looks at me and puts her free hand around my waist.
-Have I ever told you that you're wonderful? She asks.
-Barb... I say and blush.
-I'm serious, she says. I smile and nod my head side to side.
-Maybe sometime, I say and she pulls me towards her and I loose balance and fall on top of her. I squeal and I fall.
-Let me just have you like this, she nuzzles into me.
-You're so weird, I grab her face and give her a big sloppy kiss.
-But I love that, I smile.
-Good, she smiles back and shifts me to the side, making me fall and squeal again and she nuzzles against me.

The next day:
-That's a wrap for today y'all! I say as we finish up the last bit of mixing from yesterdays recordings. Everyone shares a tired cheer.
-Now leave, I gotta spray out the sweat from the studio, I start shooing everyone out, while Barb stays. I huff out some air and roll back to the table.
-Babe come here, Barb makes grippy hands towards me from the couch and I roll over with my chair. I plop over to the couch and sit next to Barb and she puts her head in my lap.
-Hey Barb... I say.
-Mmmm...? She hums.
-What do you think about this project? I ask. She looks at me and I start massaging her head and playing with her hair.
-I like it. I like that you're the one behind this idea and you're really passionate about it, she says. I smile.
-Ok, I say and look out into the void.

-Why? She asks.
-I don't know. Just seems like I do too much a lot, I say.
-I like that you do too much. I do too little instead... she says and in turns quiet between us.
-Maybe I should do more. So that you can do less I mean, she suggests.
-Maybe, I say, the energy from earlier exiting my body.
-Because you don't do too much. And I don't want you to feel like you do too much either, she says. I nod and she looks up at me.
-You're tired as heck, aren't you? She asks. I just nod.
-Alright, let's go eat something because you feel like a zombie right now, she says and stands up. I look up at her and she holds out her hand and I grab it and she pulls me up.
-I'm sorry bout that.. I say confused when I stand up.
-It's ok, you'd do the same for me, she says and kisses my cheek.
-You want your favorite soda? She asks.
-You know I do, I smile and she walks me out of the studio and locks it up.

At the end of the week:
-Ok guys, final mixes are soon and then they're ready to get sent out, I say and everyone cheers.
-Oooo, fun! Poppy and Branch comes in and I immediately recognize my sisters voice.
-Hey popcorn! Barb says and Poppy hugs her.
-Sup Branch, Barb says and they fist bump.
-Hey sis! Poppy jumps over to me by the mixing table and watches the computer.
-Everything looks great guys, Branch compliments.
-Thank you Branchy-boy, you wanna hear the last song on the album? I ask as I finish up one of the last songs.
-Yes, let us hear it! Poppy claps her hands.

After the song finished playing, everyone cheered.
-Ah Ah! Two more songs to finish guys, two more songs! I remind them.
-But it'll go quick now that Riff knows the program, Barb says and claps Riff on the back.
-Yeah, thanks Riff, I say.
-No problem Y/N, he smiles and starts pulling up the next song.
-Well, we're just heading to Gristle's and you can text us when you're all finished and we'll go with you home, Branch says.
-Yeah totally dude, see ya! Barb says and we wave them off.
-Alright, focus mode everyone, I wanna get finished today so I can have some weekend before the classics get here, I say and we get to finishing the last songs.

At the end of the day:
-And don't forget to text and call everyday, Barb says as everyone loads into the bus.
-No worries, wouldn't dream of it, I say and kiss her.
-Besides you'll have Poppy and Branch with you,  I say and point to my sister and her boyfriend.
-Now c'mon, I need to catch some Z's before dinner so that I don't fall asleep during classics recordings, I say and Barb laughs.
-Alright... Barb says and kisses me before they leave.

The rest of the weeks with the different kingdoms and song making sessions, me and Barb texted or called every single day, which apparently payed off because as I'm standing in the castle, not a single thing has been broken.
-I'm home! I yell. Around the corner comes my girlfriend running at fulls speed and picks me up.
-Yes! Finally! Barb yells and kisses my whole face and I giggle.
-Ah yay! How did it go? Poppy asks as I get put down.
-It went so good! Everyone was so helpful and as the records start to come out, we're gonna have some others from the genres do records too, I tell them the start of a whole new plan.
-Oh that's great! Although I don't think you need us here then, Poppy says.
-Oh? I ask.
-Well Barb was just fine! Poppy says and Barb puffs her chest in pride.
-Really? I look at Barb.
-Mhmm, she nods.
-She talked to you and we talked to you and most of the time she just spent around town with king Thrash. I don't understand what you were so worried about? Branch says.
-Well then, maybe I could leave you by yourself next time around? I say.
-I think you can, Barb says.
-Oh that's great baby, I say and kiss her cheek proudly.

I'm so excited for these next couple of months!