13: Perfect for me

Third person POV:
Branch stopped at a lake not far from where he left Poppy. He sighs.

-I know your favorite song, he sings quietly to himself.
-I hear it everyday, he looks over his shoulder, hoping Poppy would've followed him.

-Whoever made your smile, now Barb sits with her head in her hand.
-made it to get in my way, Barb looks up at the trolls in the bus as she hears a laugh.

-And every time you laugh, Branch imagines Poppy's face in the water below.
-You make that little sound, he imagines her laughing, making his heart ache.
-It's just the hardest thing, he sings painfully.

-To love you but not know how, Barb stares to the toilet door and hopes that Y/N would walk out any minute now.
-I hate that your perfect, Barb stares harshly at the door, tears almost showing in her eyes as she wishes she could take back what she did.

-Perfect for me, Branch reaches out a hand to the water where his imaginary Poppy was. The Poppy in the water grabs a hold of Branch and they start dancing in the great blue.

-What good are words when they always just get in our way? Branch and Poppy harmonize. Barb sighs and gives up looking at the door.

-And it hurts the most just to know that you don't feel the same, Branch and Poppy swing around each other.

-The same, Y/N dries her final tears and stands up, looking at herself in the mirror.

-And I hate that you're perfect, Branch and Poppy look sadly in the direction that they left each other.
-Perfect for me, their hug time bracelets go off, but they both put a hand over them to forget that they're all alone now.

-I hate that you're perfect, Y/N dries away all of the makeup that's smudged in her face and retouches it.
-Perfect for me, Y/N walks out of the bathroom, sharing a glance with Barb, before taking a place on a couch.

Barb POV:
My eyes linger at Y/N. Tears build up in my eyes as I thing about how scared she looked. I... I didn't mean to scare her, I just wanted to know where the damn string was.
-Barbara? Dad asks and I quickly suck up my tears and sniffle and turn to him.
-Yeah dad? I ask. He looks as if he's about to say something important. I look expectantly at him.
-I need to take a nap, he says and rolls away.
-Ok you go do that, I say and fake a smile. But it quickly falls. Why did I yell at her like that? It wasn't her fault, I mean she's new to all of this it's not weird that she forgot. Oh how her beautiful y/e/c eyes looked at me with such fear. Why haven't I ever noticed that in anyone else before?
Truth be told I've never noticed a lot in other trolls than her before. She actually asks me things. She actually makes time to talk to me. No one ever did that. Ever. For as long as I can remember. I take up the paper with the debut song I'd play at the concert I'd have when I've found all of the strings. I look at the halfly done lyrics and hum them to myself.
-I saw you again... today.... I hum some potential lyrics. I then look at Y/N. I'd show her how much she's influenced me.
-I have to... I have to turn my heart... my heart... sway? No no, I look at Y/N again. She couldn't distract me from this. Right now I have to focus on finding that Poppy chick so that I could show everyone how cool I am. How cool rock trolls are!
-I have to turn my heart....
away...
Why did that actually sound good? I write it down and I start humming and quietly sing the song from the beginning to where I just got. I then smile at myself. Wow I'm good. Suddenly I see Y/N standing up. I look at her expectantly and we lock eyes. My heart beats one extra time. She then looks down and heads for me.
-Hey Barb, she says and looks back up at me.
-Hey, I answer.
-Are you feeling better? She asks. I can only nod shamefully. She nods back.
-What you did back there was not ok, Barb, she says sternly. I widen my eyes in shock. No one's ever spoke to me that way... not that I didn't like it. It was... different coming from her. She looks upset at me.
-I just thought you'd now, she says. I've been quiet for a while. She then starts turning around and I grab her arm.
-Hey! I let out and she turns back.
-No one's ever spoken to me like that before, I say, somewhat shocked and upset. I notice that she tenses up again, scared that I'll yell again. But her eyes remained stern. The whole bus turns quiet as I had spoken those words.
-I respect that, I finish. She looks shocked at me. So does everyone else. They start whispering to each other.
-Wh-what? She asks.
-Yeah you- you're not afraid to stand up for yourself. I respect that, I say sincerely.
-And I'm sorry I yelled at you... I let go of her arm.
-I wasn't mad at you, I was mad about the string, I say shamefully. She relaxes a little bit.
-So yeah.... I say.
-I accept your apology, she says. I let out a relieved huff.
-Thanks, she smiles.
"Oh thank god she smiles again. Don't know how long I'd survive if she didn't".

-Uh your rockness? Riff runs up to me and I look quickly at him, taking my attention away from Y/N.
-We think we just flew by queen Poppy, he informs. I grin.