38: Quick fix

Y/N POV:
I welcomed all the trolls visiting, leaders and tourists, as the event was all planned out. This was the other genres first meeting with the bergens and the atmosphere was nervous.
-Are they creepy? Barb asks me as she stands behind me.
-Not as creepy as you, I joke and she chuckles.
-Thanks, she says sarcastically. I take a deep breath and shake the last nerves off with my hands. Suddenly we hear heavy footsteps and I know they're here.
-We ready? Poppy yells happily.
-Yeah! Everyone answers. Then we hear it.
-BESTIES! Bridget yells.
-Bridget! Me and Poppy yell as we run put to her and she picks us up.
-Oh it's been so long, how have you been? She asks gleefully and we do our secret handshake.
-Sup, Branch greets king Gristle.
-Sup, Gristle answers. I roll my eyes and grin as we get put down.
-Everyone! This is King Gristle junior and his girlfriend Bridget! I introduce them. A chorus of "Hi Gristle and Bridget" is heard.
-Oh my god! You guys look so cool! Bridget leans down and looks at the Funk family.
-Why thank you, king Quincy nods.
-Respect, prince D says.
-Hi Cooper! Bridget greets him.
-No I'm not Cooper pretty lady. He is, Prince D nods to his twin and Bridget's jaw drops.
-Oh my... Cooper, you have a twin!? Bridget squeals.
-Yeah! This is Prince D, my brother, Cooper introduces.
-Nice to meet you prince D! Bridget greets.

While all the leaders get acquainted with each other, we serve snacks and start playing music. I hang around the others when suddenly I get pulled out of the circle. It's Branch, and he looks terrified.
-Y/N... we only fixed pop music for today, he says terrified.
-What? I ask. He drags me up to the stage and hands me the performance sheet. I take it in utter confusion.
-Oh dang! I say and give him the clipboard back. The song ends and I run out on stage, tapping the mic.
-Hey guys! Hey, sorry sorry for disturbing you but may I have your attention? I ask and everyone looks my way.
-Hi! I greet again.
-Um, my friend Branch here messed up a little bit and we only prepared pop songs... does anyone from any other genre have some kind of instrument with them? I ask nervously.
-Yeah of course, I brought my guitar, Barb yells.
-Guitar! Great! I say and point at her and she winks at me, running off to get it.
-I got my banjo, Delta stretches her hand up.
-And we got our sons, King Quincy says and everyone laughs.
-That's great! I clap.
-And I got the equipment, Trollex says and floats up on the stage with a broad creature.
-Woah... I say and back away. All the leaders gather on stage and starts plugging in their stuff and more trolls come to set up other instruments, meanwhile Trollex starts up a track. He starts singing to it and other Techno trolls start singing with him, creating harmonies. I back off, letting them do their thing. And as the instruments get plugged in, the other leaders start playing to the melodies. Everyone starts cheering and king Gristle and Bridget both gape wide. Barb rips her first chord and then points at me. She then waves for me and Poppy to get up on stage and we look at each other and join them, grabbing the microphones on stage.
-Nervous? Barb asks.
-Nothing we've never done before, I point out.

(Kings & Queens, cover by first to eleven)

-If all of the kings had their queens on the throne; We would pop champagne and raise a toast, Me and Poppy start.
-To all of the queens who are fighting alone
Baby, you're not dancin' on your own, Delta, Barb and Essence joins us on the stage.

-Can't live without me, you wanna, but you can't, no, no, no, I walk up to Barb.
-Think it's funny, but honey, can't run this show on your own, I wink as she grins at me.
-I can feel my body shake, there's only so much I can take, I'll show you how a real queen behaves, I sing out to the crowd and they cheer.
-No damsel in distress, don't need to save me, I sing and Delta echoes.
-Once I start breathin' fire, you can't tame me, I walk up to Poppy.
-And you might think I'm weak without a sword, But if I had one, it'd be bigger than yours, I point to my dad and he laughs and cheer for me.

-If all of the kings had their queens on the throne, We would pop champagne and raise a toast.To all of the queens who are fighting alone,Baby, you're not dancin' on your own, All of us queens sing again. Bridget and Gristle are bopping their heads to the music.

-Disobey me, then baby, it's off with your head
Gonna change it and make it a world you won't forget, Delta sings.
-No damsel in distress, don't need to save me
Once I start breathin' fire, you can't tame me, Essence continues.
-And you might think I'm weak without a sword, But I'm stronger than I ever was before, Poppy ends off.

-If all of the kings had their queens on the throne, We would pop champagne and raise a toast. To all of the queens who are fighting alone, Baby, you're not dancin' on your own, We all sing once again.

-In chess, the king can move one space at a time, But queens are free to go wherever they like, Barb takes a break from playing and starts singing instead.
-You get too close, you'll get a royalty high, Delta adds.
-So breathe it in to feel the love, Poppy ends.

-If all of the kings had their queens on the throne, We would pop champagne and raise a toast, To all of the queens who are fighting alone, Baby, you're not dancin' on your own! We then finish and then just "oh" through the end.

We receive cheers from everyone but loudest of them all are Gristle and Bridget.
-That was awesome! Gristle yells.
-I wanna hear more! He yells.
-Well waddya say people? Wanna give them some more!? I yell into the mic and everyone cheers.
-Well good for you because Branch is taking requests now, I grin and point to my friend, giving him carma for his mistake earlier. He stares worriedly at me and yells as he gets tackled by a hoard of trolls.
-Y/N! Poppy scolds me and runs fro Branch's aid. Me and Barb share a look and I shrug which makes her snicker.

Later, after the shows:
-Guys you HAVE to come perform in Bergen town! Especially you Barb! Gristle points at Barb and they first bump.
-Of course dude, she says.
-Oh but I want more of that funky music, Bridget says.
-Well we can come too, no problem, Prince D says.
-Oh but I want to listen to it over and over and over again! Bridget says.
-I only got one tape of Poppy, Y/N and Branch singing a bunch of pop songs at home, she continues.
-Well we'll just record a bunch of tapes, Poppy shrugs.
-Hey I wanna share this with my friends... but I can't just... let them borrow my tape all the time, Gristle says.
-Oh! Oh! Let's start a record label! Barb yells.
-Oh! I say, pleasantly surprised.
-A what? Trollex asks.
-Y'know, you record a whole album and then you mass produce them so more people can listen to it, Barb explains.
-Oh like youtroll? Trollex asks and Barb snaps her fingers at him.
-Exactly, but on tape, She clarifies and Trollex lights up as a light bulb.
-Well we have a studio in Bergen town where the pop trolls recorded there's, can we somehow use that one? Bridget asks.
-Absolutely, I say.
-Oooooo this is sooo fun! Bridget squeals.

-Wait wait wait... who's in charge? Delta asks as everyone had started talking. That makes everyone whisper amongst themselves.
-Well... since my "mission" in volcano city is done, I can take on responsibility for that, I say.
-What? Babe come on we got too much going on, Barb says.
-Barb it's fine, You'll do great without me. Besides, you got Riff, I say.
-You know what I mean, she groans.
-Well we can visit you while Y/N's gone, Branch and Poppy step forward.
-Hmmm I don't know guys, Barb says sadly. I softly grab her face and kiss her cheek.
-Baby, you'll be ok, it'll just be a few days. And it's not even set in stone, I laugh.
-Alright... but no more then two weeks, she says.
-Well you heard her, if we go over two weeks she'll start a new world tour, I joke and she hits me jokingly as everyone laughs.
-We'll make a schedule and song list, Essence says.
-And I'll gather my college buddies, Delta says.
-Oh guys this is great! Poppy squeals and hugs me.
-I can't wait... I smile at Barb and she grabs my hand.