20: misunderstandings

Barbs POV:
-Were finally moving onto a new era! Y/N cheers as trolls applaud. Well most of them do, some shake their heads. So did I. This, it... it's a part of our way, she can't just take that away. Without saying anything I start leaving.

Y/N POV:
I turn to look at Barb but she's not asking away. I furrow my brows and run after her onto the castle halls.
-Barb wait! I say.

Barb POV:
I stop and exhale deeply. I turn around and I see Y/N looking confused at me with a smile on her face.
-What's going on? We're finally doing something about this place! Aren't you happy? She asks.
-No, I say sadly.
-What, why? Her face turns sour.
-Y-you can't just remove the guitar piles it's-I- we, I stammer.
-It's a part of our culture and you just can't remove that, especially not without talking to me, I say.
-But they're in the way, I... I just want to make things better, Y/N says.
-Well it's not better. At all. So... stop it, I say.
-But I- I have to remove them so that trolls can move freely around they're cramped and- I don't care, you can't just remove an ancient tradition of volcano rock city, I interrupt. She doesn't say anything, staying quiet in shock. When I don't get a response I turn around to walk to my room.
-Barb wait! We can talk this out! Y/N yells after me. I don't listen and turn a corner with my mind just wandering.

Y/N POV:
I watch sadly as Barb disappears. I blink confused to hold the tears back. Where did I go wrong? All I wanted to do is to make things easier and cleaning the streets would really help... wouldn't it?
I sigh and walk into my own room. I lay down and stare up at the ceiling. Where did I go wrong? Where...? I look around my room, at all the posters. They're all of my friends and song we like but.... That was back home. I mean home in pop village. That's... wasn't that what I was thinking anting to get away from? I sit up and ponder.

The next day:
Barb hasn't talked to me since yesterday and I was worried. Some trolls had already started shoveling broken guitar bits outside on the borders. Others were silently protesting on the street beside the cleaning process. I feel a wave of sadness wash over me. How could a decision so easy to make be so hard to execute? The city was parted. The trolls who agreed and the ones who didn't agree to the decision are cl early showing what they think. The city is segregated and I hated it. Where was the unity I saw when I got here. I quickly walk home to think again. Why was this so hard? How did the trolls back home listen to me? It was much easier back home. When I get home I close the door and I am met with neon posters once again. I grit my teeth and throw my jacket off, before I rip some posters off of the wall. I didn't want to see them anymore. I wasn't in pop village, I was in Rock city now. Somehow this is all pop's fault and I don't know how to explain it, but it just is. The few posters I hold in my hand, I quickly throw them into the closet and close it before I slide down the doors. I take a deep breath and I feel tears brimming in my eyes. I don't want to loose the only anchor I have outside of pop. I need to get the problem and fix it.... But how?
I walk to the bathroom to wash my face. I splash cold water on my face, before I remember the eyeliner around my eyes. I curse to myself before I get the nearest towel and clean off my face. I then look at my blushes face in the mirror. I just stare myself in my eyes before I notice something on the edge of the sink. It's my eyeliner that I borrowed from Barb. I get an idea...

Third person POV:
Barb is kicking some gravel on the ground in front of her, hands in her pockets and a frown on her face. She's grumbling to herself. Why wouldn't she just stop this whole mess? She's the true leader of rock, how could she let them happen. She guesses that both Y/N and her are to blame.
-Oooo Barbara, churros! King Thrash happily says and points to the kiosk where Barb had bought Y/N a churro just a week before.
-I'll get one for ya, Barb smiles slightly and heads to the kiosk while king Thrash happily wiggles in his chair.
Meanwhile Y/N walks by in a coat and black jeans and a surprisingly realistic eyeliner mustache to try and talk to people. People who didn't think moving guitar scraps was a good idea. She had gotten a hold of the cowboy hat she stole from the country trolls and pretended to be a visitor. She walked up to a dissatisfied mother who sneers at trolls that are removing the junk.
-Uh excuse me ma'am? Y/N asks in the countries accent she can make up. Not that the rock trolls would know the difference.
-Huh? The lady asks. She's holding a kid while she has one in a stroller and two holding onto it.
-I'm sorry to bother you, I was just visiting and saw all this ruckus. You see, Rock intrigues me, Y/N says. The mother lifts an unimpressed eyebrow. Y/N clears her throat.
-I just noticed you looked troubled over this Uh- whatever they're doing, Y/N covers up.
-Oh we'll, they're just removing history. It's that stupid pop Princess decision, the mother sneers.
-Well Uh it's-it's in the way? What exactly is the problem? Y/N asks, faking confusion.
-Sure it's in the way, but you can't remove history. See that guitar right there? It was my grandpas, the mother points to a green guitar. Y/N looks around. Turns out it's not all crap, but it was still severely in the way.
-And my kids just left their old guitars on there two days ago so that they'd get new ones when they got home. It's a part of family tradition. Not just my family's but a lot of families in the neighborhood. It's just... disappointing for someone's to not even ask what we thought first, the mother sighs. Y/N feels a pang of guilt.
-Well, I have to be on my way. This little one is gonna be a drummer, the mother pats on one of her kids' head and walks off. Y/N is left standing and watching the pile of guitars get shoved left and right. She sees a red glittery one. Somehow that one sticks in her mind and she sighs as she walks back home, once again disappointed in herself.
As she walks she sees Barb with her dad. She walks a little slower as she sees how they laugh together, king Thrash eating a churro. The r d guitar pops up again and she sees how Barb looks up. Y/N blushes and starts walking faster.

Barb looks weirdly at the country trolls walking by. He looked familiar, but maybe it was just someone she looked a bit too long at when she was taking hostages... Barb cringes.
Oh how she wishes she could get over it all... but she needed Y/N for that and she wasn't the right one to talk to right now.

Y/N POV:
I walk into the castle and walk by the living room. On the wall was a whole collage of pictures. I walk closer to it and... there was a picture... with that red guitar. That red glittery guitar... that's where I had seen it!
I quickly speed walk to the bathroom again to wash my face and change back to my regular clothes when there's a knock on my bedroom door.
-Coming! I yell as I dry my upper lip and run to the door. There stands Riff.
-Oh, hey, I say confused.
-You Uh, you got a package from king Quincy and queen Essence, Riff says and hands me a long package.
-Oh ok. Thank you! I smile.
-By the way Y/N, uh, you got some dirt right about here, Riff points to his upper lip.
-Oh! I wipe my lip and a black smudge is on my hand.
-Thank you, again, I say and Riff waves goodbye and leaves through the hall. I look after him as he walks and I let out a relieved breath. Then as he gets to the end of the hallway, he meets Barb. Barb greets him before continuing to walk, and she sees me. She frowns and I walk back in my room and close the door. I look down at the package and open it. I'm it is a roll of paper. And from it falls a note. I pick it up and read it.
-"thank you for always being you and listening to others. Hope to see you here soon, greetings from King, queen and princes of vibe city"....
I open the big paper roll and it's a big photo of the funk family. Cooper looks so happy and I smile sadly. I look at a spot where I had ripped my poster down and I look back down at the big poster/photo I was holding. I hang it up and smile at it. Just like they were smiling at me. I look back at the note and smile fondly.
I know what I have to do...