32: Meetings meetings

Y/N POV:
-It's gonna be good with some vacation finally! Barb sighs as we take our luggage out of the bus.
-But first we got some meetings, I point out and she glares playfully at me.
-Besides I wanna meet the others for a while. But then! Then we have one week just to ourselves, I say and Barb takes a gleeful breath as she hooks my arm through hers and we walk.
-Hey you guys! Essence greets as we get into town.
-Hello! I wave.
-I see you two are ready for initiating our new grand hotel, prince D says and wiggles his eyebrows.
-Don't tempt her, Barb jokes and I smack her arm.
-Shut up Barb, I say as the funk trolls laugh.
-Honestly I'm just excited to have some vacation after this weekend of meetings, I then say.
-Well yeah who wouldn't? C'mon, let's get you two checked in, Quincy says and helps us get checked in and settled into our rooms. When we get back to the lobby, we see that all other leaders have come together.
-Ok we really need to start getting here earlier, Barb sighs as we greet the others.

-Ooohhhh Y/N why didn't you tell me you and Barb dated!? Poppy asks and hugs me suddenly.
-I could've canceled the package, she then says.
-Well we got good use for it, even though it wasn't for a breakup, I say. Poppy only claps excitedly and hugs me one more time. This time I hug back.
-Y/N watch out for Poppy, she- oh she's already here, Barb says.
-Thanks for the bath bomb but glitter still falls off of me everytime I shower, Barb says and Poppy laughs.
-Told you she wouldn't be a fan, Poppy says and teasingly nudges my shoulder.
-Well, good for you, I was, I wink teasingly and hook arms with Barb and leave a gawking Poppy behind us.
-Why did you tell her that? Barb asks.
-I'm just joking around, let her think whatever she wants. But she must never know that we put it in the hot tub and that glitter is still circulating in the jets, I say and Barb snickers loudly.
-And that's everyone! Should we head to the meeting hall? Essence asks.
-Yep! Let's go! Delta says and we all head towards the big hall.

-So... what're we gonna talk about? Essence asks.
-Well me and Poppy have been discussing an ally ship with another kingdom nearby pop village, I say.
-Huh, another genre of trolls? Trollex asks.
-Well... they're not trolls per se, I say sheepishly.
-They're called bergens, Poppy says.
-What is the hay is a Bergen? Delta asks.
-A Bergen is like a troll but like 100 times bigger and 10 times less hair, I say and everyone laughs.
-Well an ally ship between them and all of us wouldn't be too hard. They won't squish us, will they? Barb asks.
-No. they won't, especially since we got over their little troll eating habit, Poppy says.
-I'm sorry, they eat trolls? Barb asks and grabs my hand panicked.
-Well not anymore obviously, I laugh it off to calm the situation.
-Well talk about that later, I whisper to Barb.
-Ok so... if we talk and they get mad, they won't eat us? Quincy asks.
-No absolutely not, I say.
-Worst they can do is not invite them for Sunday dinner but the king is too soft to do even that, Poppy reassures.
-Alright. What do we say that we set up a meeting with them. Poppy? Essence asks.
-I fix, Poppy says.
-Great. Now how about the phones? How are we doing? Essence asks.
-It's going great, best thing I've ever gotten, I say.
-Oh yes, it's the easiest way to get a hold of Pete when he's out on the ranch, Delta nods.
-I agree, Trollzart nods.
-Well we're definitely getting use of it, Quincy says.
-Yeah, it's the best, Essence nods.
-Well I realized during this intervention that we never talked about safety on the internet, Trollex points out and Barb nods.
-What do you mean? Delta asks.
-There's some weird people out there. And they exist on the internet too, Barb says.
-You press the wrong link and you get to see... stuff you really don't want to, Trollex says.
-Like what? Delta asks beside him and he leans over and whisper. As her face turns into a very shocked one, Barb grins sheepishly.
-Yeah, Barb says as Delta tries to form words.
-So what do we do about that? Block em? Quincy asks.
-You can't block bots on the web, Trollex says.
-Well then what do we do? Essence asks.
-Might I suggest a internet campaign for how to work safely on the internet? I nudge in.
-Uh huh... how would that work? Essence asks.
-Well since you can't trust everyone on the internet... you have to literally tell people to not trust everyone on the internet, I say.
-We should get started on that, Delta says quickly.

Later:
As we leave the meeting hall, a campaign up and running, Poppy runs after us.
-Hey Y/N! She greets.
-Hey Poppy! I say back.
-Hey popcorn, Barb says.
-Y/N can we just like... take a walk? I wanna talk about something, Poppy says lightheartedly.
-Oh Uhm sure... Barb and I have reservations at the hotel restaurant tonight, you wanna come? I ask.
-Sounds fun! Don't worry Barb, I'll bring her back in time, Poppy winks at Barb. Barb puts her cheek against mine and does a kissing sound before she walks away. I send her an air kiss before Poppy and I go for a nice walk.
-That was cute, Poppy comments and I scoff.
-Shut up, I say awkwardly.
-Have you guys ever... Poppy starts.
-Ever...? Ever what? I ask, scared of the next words.
-kissed? Poppy laughs, seeing my face.
-Oh. Oh! No- not yet... I say.
-Really? You two seem too comfortable with each other to not have kissed. Just look at what you guys did back there, Poppy says.
-Well, I say humbly.
-No don't play me like that, I saw how happy you looked, Poppy pokes me on the arm.
-Well it's like she's my best friend... that holds hands and kiss each other on the cheek and cuddle to sleep, it's not that deep, I wave off.
-Uh, except it is? Me and Branch have never shared a bed, not even kissed cheeks! Poppy says.
-You think we're going too fast? I ask nervously, putting my hands behind my back, twirling my fingers together.
-No! No- look everyone goes at their own pace. Me and Branch, we have ours and you and Barb have yours. Don't worry, if you really like each other, you do, Poppy says.
-Thanks... I say and start thinking about what Poppy had asked before... if we've ever kissed... no. But I wanted to. I really wanted to kiss her. But I'm wimpy, I could never just go up and ask her.
-Anyways, I promised Barb that we'd be back for the reservation... how about a little shopping for evening clothes? Poppy suggests and therefore interrupts my thoughts.
-Sounds great, I say and Poppy pulls me along a shopping street.

-Oh hey guys, Barb stands outside of the restaurant in a nice tux with a vest and even a tie.
-Hi, I say as a worker takes mine and Poppy's coats. Barbs eyes open wide as she sees the dress I bought.
-I know I brought a dress already but Poppy wanted to shop, I laugh awkwardly.
-No you... you look really good, Barb says.
-Well hi to you too, Poppy says with a knowing grin on her face.
-Oh right, Poppy! Barb clears her throat and blushes.
-Knock em dead tiger, I jokingly whisper in her ear.
-Yeah they just cleared a table for us so let's go sit down, Barb says and we all follow the server to a table.
-Here are your menu's, enjoy, the server says before she walks away.
-oh we will, Poppy jokes and Barb coughs up her water.
-Why do you two just say things like that from nowhere? Barb says disturbed as she wipes water off of her face. Me and Poppy lol at each other, shrug and then turn to Barb.
-Because we can, we say in unison and and Barb chuckles.
-Twins are weird, she says.
-Oh but you love us, Poppy says.
-One more than the other apparently, Barb mutters and I shove her and Poppy fakes a offended gasp before we all share a laugh.

Two days later:
-Bye guys, stay safe! Poppy waves us goodbye as her and the other leaders leave. Me and Barb stay in vibe city for our long awaited vacation.
-Bye Poppy! Next time you visit us! I scream back at her and she gives me a thumbs up before they finally disappear around the corner. Barb loudly huffs.
-Finally! She announces as the funk royalty leaves to go back to their own responsibilities.
-You wanna take a nap? I ask, already knowing my girlfriends answer.
-Yes! she says and takes my arm and drags me back to our hotel room where we both immediately fall asleep.