30: haters gonna hate

Y/N POV:
Barb and I land at lonesome flats and we brought our friends, Carol and Riff, along.
-Hi Delta! Thanks for inviting us, I say and give her a hug.
-Oh well, when I finally figured out how to write a mail to ya, I had to find the send button, Delta jokes.
-And Barb, are you gonna settle in real good orrrr...? Delta jokes with Barb, who snickers nervously.
-Oh don't worry about her, she'll just tag along. Me and Riff, however, want to get some new clothes, get some hats, that kind of stuff, I say and Riff excitedly claps his hands.
-Well we can get that sorted for ya, right growly Pete? Delta says.
-Growly growl, Pete tips his hat and smiles at us.
-And Uh, Carol would like to keep her sunglasses on. She's trying to keep herself from loosing eye sight before her next concert, Barb says.
-Huh... alright, Delta says.
-Barb if you take out bags and head to the renting house, me and Riff will get some clothes, I say.
-Sure thing, Barb smiles and takes our bags before her and Carol head after Delta.
-Now let's get y'all trolls some respectable and preferably whole clothes, growly pete says and me and Riff follow him.

Barb POV:
-So I'm happy about you and Y/N! Delta says as she watches me set up in the master bedroom.
-You saw that? I smile, knowing she had seen one of the hundreds of videos of me and Y/N holding hands.
-Who hasn't at this point? Trust me it's just what these trolls need, some change, Delta says before we hear the door open.
-We're back! Y/N shouts and walks into the room with a couple of clothing bags, dressed in bright blue jeans and a plaid shirt tied over her belly button.
-Hey there you! You're looking like a real country troll, Delta praises.
-Thank you! Oh and look at the hat I got! Y/N says and pulls a hat from a bag and put it on her head.
-I think it's supposed to be more like... this, Delta says and tips her hat back a little.
-Oh thank you! Also Barb I know you're not a while fan of these clothes, BUT, I got you something anyways, Y/N says and pulls out a big oversized red and black plaid shirt.
-Oh! That's cool! I say and she hands it to me. I try it on and it hangs off of me in a cool stylish way. Y/N giggles excitedly and hugs me.
-Well what do ya say we head for a walk out to the cows stay? Delta suggests.
-Sure, sounds... educational, Carol walks in and cringes at the last word she says.
-There ya go! Y/N snap my fingers at her. Delta looks confused between us.
-Y/N and Carol has a game where they teach each other regular words from each other's cities, I explain and Delta nods surprised.
-Yup. And my word is "radical". Speaking of, Riffs new boots are radical, Y/N says and Carol claps and points back at her.
-Alright before you make me confused, let's go and talk about something I understand, Delta says and we all leave our stuff and head out.

Y/N POV, later that evening:
-I remember this place! It's where Poppy and Branch made each other look like fools! I joke.
-Oh yeah... it was truly awful. Wasn't there something about party rocking? Delta asks.
-Now that sounds like a cool party, Riff says.
-Ugh don't remind me, that song was the song of my childhood, I danced to it everyday before a party, I say.
-Doesn't sound too bad. I mean you don't wanna learn the lyrics to what dad used to play to put me to sleep, Barb jokes and I gasp with laughter and hit her chest.
-Barb! I laugh. Suddenly we hear angry yelling. Pete runs up to us and sighs.
-What in the hay is going on over there? Delta asks.
-They're protesting ma'am, Pete says with a sour tone.
-Protesting over what? If it's the barbecue again I swear... Delta trails off.
-No no no... it's because of them, Pete points at me and Barb.
-Wh-what? Barb asks.
-Now what did you do? Delta asks disappointed at us and crosses her arms.
-We didn't do anything, I swear! I say.
-Delta you should check it out before, you know... start shouting them out, Peter sighs and Delta follows him to the angry mob. We follow them and in turn we see something I couldn't believe existed.

The protesters were angry at me and Barb for... dating. Their signs had crossed out the rainbow flag that represents being lgbtq+ and had other so called homophobic slurs and statements written on them. I quickly grab Barbs and and she puts her other hand on my arm in fear. She gulps and she nervously stares at the group. Delta then looks concerned at us. When the mob sees us, they start screaming even louder. They call us all sorts of things. As they do I see how Barbs face turns from nervous to mad. And trust me you don't want to see her mad. When I feel like I was loosing her, I drag her back a few steps and she takes a deep and aggravated breath. She then looks at me and I shake my head. Delta sees this and she turn towards them to scold them and she shoos them away.