41: Sound of silence

Y/N POV:
A whole month has gone by, just working. I'm not complaining but I can't believe I spent 21 years of my life only singing pop if I'm this tired of funk after a month... Anyways, I'm heading home and the only thing I want is to see Barb and that she's ok. I get up to the door and I don't even have the time to knock before the door flies open and I'm toppled over.
-You're home! I look up and Riff is standing in the doorway and he looks sweaty. On top of me is Barb and she's holding me in a tight hug. I smile before I hug back just as hard.
-Finally... you couldn't have come at a better time, Riff says. I laugh.
-Ok Barb, I wanna stand up, I say as I have to pry my body from her arms. When I get out I stand up and help her up, only for her to hug me but this time in an upright position. Riff looks like he's run miles and hasn't slept for days.
-Riff, you can go rest now, I got it from here, I say. He just gives me a tired thumbs up before he sluggishly walks into the castle and towards his room.
-Ok Barb, I'm here and you'll have the next couple of months to hold me. I'd like to go inside, I laugh and she pulls away. Right away I see her mascara has been running and her eyes a slightly red.
-Oh Barb, I smile and take her head inbetween my hands and kiss her forehead. She holds one of my hands to her face as I pull away.
-Is it that bad? I then ask playfully.
-Eeeyup, she sighs.
-Alright, come on let's get this over with, I say and Barb takes one of my bags as we get inside.

And there where a mountain of broken plates in a corner, one of many I guess. As we walk up the stairs and through the corridors and by the kitchen I can see a few more piles of broken stuff. But the worst was Barbs bedroom. Old clothes, dirty dishes, one leg on the bed was broken off so the whole bed is wobbly and uneven.
-Oh dear... I just say as I put down my bags.
-I'm sorry, Barb says shamefully.
-You know what? You can't do anything about it now, so let's forget it and just clean up ok? I say.
-B-but, Barb says.
-Ok I know you think I'm really upset. I'm not, if I'm being completely honest. Just a little bummed out because I have to clean but we can't really do anything now besides that. So let's clean and we'll talk as we go, I smile and kiss her cheek.

-Ok so you'll take all the dirty laundry and throw 'em down the laundry shoot, I'll try to fix the bed problem, I say as I've sorted my bags out.
-How are you gonna do that? Barb asks as she starts picking up random piles of laundry off of the floor.
-Hmmm, well... I ponder, before I grab Barbs bat that she has laying about in her room and start hitting the legs off of the bed. Barb watches me, absolutely mesmerized at my willingness to destroy our bed. When I'm done I just put the bat against the wall and take a breather. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead before I start picking up dirty dishes off of the floor and other spaces. When I look up and see Barb still staring at me, I just look back.
-Are you done yet? I ask teasingly and she rips her eyes off of me and starts shoving the piles of clothes down the laundry shoot.

We spent the rest of the day helping each other clean. And because Barb needed to gain an outside perspective of her episodes, I made her clean everything. Clean the windows, vacuum, wipe off every horizontal surface. When we are finally done I got a hefty apology from Barb. She promised to never destroy another plate or another window ever again. And I told her that I'm just happy she wasn't too hurt, since those plates did leave some cuts. We then tucked each other into bed and fell asleep faster than one could say "guitar solo", which is saying something.

I wake up pretty early the morning after. We fell asleep relatively early so it only made sense that I woke up about 12 hours later. But when I open my eyes... I come to find that Barb is nowhere to be seen. She would normally sleep 13 hours, more if she hadn't slept as much the nights before. I carefully sweep my feet down from the mattress and onto the floor, which wasn't too far down anymore. I stand up and carefully sneak down the halls to find something to eat and find Barb. I grab two energy bars from a cabinet in the kitchen before I search around for Barb. She rarely sits in the same spot every time she's upset, so I have to find the places I haven't found her in before. My first guess was the living room but that would be too easy. My next guess was the big guest common room area with a grand piano. It had seen better days but you could still play. But no, no Barb in sight. Although I see something curious outside of the weirdly shaped windows, out on the pateo right outside of the room. I walk closer to get a better look because the windows are severely misshapen and makes the whole picture wobbly. But I see a familiar red tuft of hair so I open the door and the she sits, Barb, on the railing of the pateo.

I carefully open the doors and hop on up next to her. She's dangling her feet over the railing and I turn my back outwards.
-Hey, I say quietly and hand her a bar. She takes it and opens it and takes a bite. I just carefully touch her arm before I open my own bar and just eat. We sit in silence for a long time. I swing my legs over to the other side and rest my head on Barbs shoulder. We sit in total silence with nothing else but the sound of motors and some riffs sounding in the distance.
-I just wish I would've done something different... Barb says. I see a small tear fall from her eye. I carefully rub it away.
-We're ok Barb. I promise, I say and grab her arm. She looks at me and I smile at her and give her a kiss.
-Ok? I whisper softly and she just nods and dries her own falling tears. We watch the city as it moves from day to late afternoon.
-Uh Barb? Where uh, juice you know and, uh, uh, Barbs dad rolls out onto the pateo.
-Snack time already? I ask and Barb shows me her phone and her time. She nods.
-Alright, one juice, and let me guess? I ask and point at Barb. She just smiles.
-The best just for you, I wink and shift to hop into the kitchen with king Thrash to make ourselves a quick snack before ordering takeout for dinner.
Sometimes silence is all you need to have a conversation.