19: new era

The next day, Y/N POV:
I take out all of my clothes from my closet and plop them all into a suitcase.
-Do you have everything? Dad asks as I try to close up the filled suitcase.
-I'm pretty sure dad, I say and jump up on it to sit on it and start try to close it that way.
-Besides I don't think I'll notice if I miss it, I say and start pulling on the zipper.
-Hey we couldn't find your crown, Biggie says sadly and Poppy smiles, along with tiny diamond.
-It's ok aunt queen Y/N, because me and aunt queen Poppy made this! Tiny says and pulls out a pretty tiara filled with my favorite flowers.
-Awwww tinyyyy, I marvel at him. I finally pull the zipper together and hop off the bag and I let him place the crown on me.
-That's cute, Barb says as she walks in and takes my suitcase down from my bed. I blush and strike a smile.
-Thank you! I say.

Everyone follows me as Barb and I walk to her motorbeetle. Everyone bombards me with well wishes like I'm never coming back.
-Guys I'll be back in a couple of weeks, don't worry, I laugh.
-Besides now that I know how to start the motorbeetle I can visit during the days too, I tease and Barb shoves me lightly.
-Bye guys, I say and hug them all goodbye.
-Ok ok, let's go now Y/N we got a lot to do, Barb says. I turn around and let go from the hug. Barb revs the engine and I get on and throw my arms around her again.
-Bye guys! I wave to them as me and Barb take off. A choir of "bye"s and "I'll miss you"s sounded through the village and got quieter and quieter for every moment. I sigh as I loose sight of them and fully lean onto Barbs back.
-Excited? She asks.
-Yeah, I smile.
-I wanna see all of volcano rock city. I'm excited to maybe make some changes, I say.
-Oh there's a lot, don't worry you'll get you chance, Barb chuckles.
-I hope so. It's a really pretty city, I say.
-You think so? Barb ponders.
-Yeah, at least what I've seen so far, I say as we start seeing the outskirts of the city.
We drive the rest of the way in silence. I watch for landmarks or shops, anything to set my mind on. Anything that could help me find my way around the city would help.

- Barb? I ask as we hop off the motorbeetle.
-Yes poprock? She asks back. I turn to her.
-Is there anything you would like to change? About Volcano rock city? I ask genuinely. She looks taken aback.
-I uh, wow what a question, Barb answers. I tilt my head slightly as she lifts my bags off of the motorbeetle for me slowly.
-I... don't know, she says honestly.
-It's ok you don't have to know, I smile and take my bags. I start heading to my room with ideas bouncing in my mind.
-Do you want help with those? Barb asks after me.
-No I'm fine, thank you though! I yell over my shoulder and walk into my room and close the door.

When I put my bags away in a corner i wanted to take a walk around town. I knock on Barbs room and she yells for me to enter. She's sitting on her desk full of papers with her guitar in her lap. Her eyes light up and she smiles.
-Hey poprock, she greets.
-I wanna check out the town. You wanna go with me? I ask.
-Yeah sure, I got nothing better to do, she says and leans her guitar on the table and hops off, grabbing a leather jacket on the way out. She leaves her door open and just walks. I sprint a little to keep up before we walk side by side.

We started to walk through the most central part of the city. There are small trolls playing tag, bigger trolls playing music at every corner of every street and they somehow all blended together to form a chorus of different kinds of rock. It was truly magnificent. I was sitting on a bench and Barb went to grab us a snack of some kind. I watched as there were small flower buds on the trees, just like spring all over again. I smile at the life this town seemed to have.

Third person POV:
Barb paid the cashier at the snack stand. Barb noticed how much more positive the trolls seemed. She had bought churros for her and her best friend to enjoy during the rest of their walk. She turns around and let's the next troll in line to the front to order. As she does she sees Y/N sitting on a bench and smiling at the trees at the park in front of them. Barb smiles warmly. No one had ever looked that way at anything around here for quite some time. She stretches out her hand with a churro in it.
-the trees haven't bloomed for a while, she says and Y/N looks up shocked and gratefully accepts the churro.
-Really? She asks and stands up. Barb puts her hand in her pocket and nods. Y/N and Barb start walking and Y/N takes a bite out of her churro.
-It's just been gloomy. You just made everything... kinda... better, Barb says sheepishly and cringes at the cheesiness. Y/N giggles.

Y/N POV:
-awwww, I giggle and Barb nudges me and blushes.
-C'mon that was sweet, I say.
-And I hated it, Barb fake gags and I laugh. Suddenly when we walk past a building I see a whole stack of broken and whole guitars. I slow down but Barb keeps on walking. I furrow my brows as I watch parents throw their kids' guitars on the pile. The kids pout sadly and their parents usher them away. I also see how trolls push their doors to get out and others throw things from their windows that land in the dirt pile. The sight made me... sad. It was filthy and sad and it wasn't a happy place, in the middle of a courtyard, a whole apartment t complex' backyard. It was very upsetting.
-Y/N you coming? Barb asks. I look at her.
-Coming! I look back at the mess one last time before I catch up to Barb.

Two days later:
I was finished with putting my clothes in the closet and putting up posters and decor that i took from my pod back home in pop village. I call a troll to gather all rock trolls at the arena while i finish putting up my things. I layer my curtains on top of the existing dark ones, since i thought it looked cool. I change a lot of stuff in the room but also leaving some stuff as they were. I mean this was home now. Well for now at least. It felt weird. To see my old decor and clothes in this new environment. I didn't want it to look as it did back home, but I also did. Maybe I missed it already. I take a step back and look at the organised chaos around me. I wasn't particularly satisfied with the result but I was happy enough. Suddenly it knocks on my door.
-Uhhh miss Y\N? A wondering voice asks through the door.
-Yep that's me, come in, I say and the door opens.
-The trolls are at the arena now, he says.
-Oh great! I clap my hands and follow him to the arena.

Well there I see Barb waiting for us.
-What's up? She asks confused and walks towards me.
-I just have some ideas I wanna share, I say. Barb looks worriedly at me.
-Oh don't worry it's not that big of a deal, I say and wave her off.
-You sure? You said you had big ideas but... she starts.
-I'm sure, you'll be fine, I say.
-Alright, she sighs and we walk out on stage.
Trolls cheer as me and Barb walk to the front of the stage.
-Hey rock trolls! I greet and they yell back louder.
-So I have some exciting changes that I'm going to need all of your help with creating, I start and it turns quiet. I look to Barb in anticipation. She smiles and nods.
-Were removing all of the guitar piles from the city and putting them outside on city borders! I announce. There were cheers following the announcement and I clap my hands in glee.
-Were finally moving into a new era! I scream into the cheers and they get even louder.