love story {grant delpit}

See you make your way through the crowd

And say "Hello"

Little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles

love story (taylor's version) - taylor swift

I lay in my bed, watching the newest episode of Euphoria when I heard the front door slam shut.

"I'm home!" Grant yelled in the open house and I paused my show, so I could shout back to him.

"Okay! I'm in my room!" I heard him in the kitchen so I wasn't expecting him to come into my room to see me.

I had moved to Cleveland because I was accepted into the Cleveland State University graduates program for business. I had toured my apartment and made an offer for it, but at the same time that I was moving, so was Grant because he had been drafted to the Cleveland Browns. He also made an offer for the apartment and no matter how much we kept raising our offers, the landlord could not make a decision on who should live there.

Both Grant and I needed the apartment really badly, and he had come up with the idea that we share the apartment since it is a two-bedroom apartment. I was completely against the idea at first, but I really needed somewhere to live, so I unwillingly agreed.

Grant and I couldn't be more different. He was a cocky athlete that only cared about football, while I was a nerdy college student that only cared about school. The first few months that we lived together were horrible. Both of us were so awkward near each other and we would never even talk.

One night, I was watching a new episode of How to Get Away With Murder since I had finished my homework and Grant came home, surprised that I was watching that show.

"You watch this?" He asked, and I nervously nodded. "I love this show! You mind if I watch it with you?" I shook my head no and he sat next to me. We laughed and talked about all the characters that we liked and didn't like. After that, it became less awkward as we would watch TV together and eat dinner together.

We formed a very close friendship, and I would be lying if I said that I hadn't developed a crush on the handsome strong safety.

I heard a knock on my door and then it slowly opened. I smiled seeing Grant's face as he made his way into my room. He smiled back before it completely dropped. I was confused, but he quickly shook his head.

"Bro, what did I tell you about watching our shows without me?" I giggled quietly, causing him to slowly walk toward me. "You think this is funny, GG?" He tickled me and I couldn't stop laughing, trying to get away from him.

"Stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I laughed and he stopped tickling me, laying next to me on my bed.

"Restart the episode! I can't miss the beginning," I rolled my eyes, but restarted to the beginning anyway. We watched the show, occasionally talking about ourselves and the show. I noticed how he was laying closer to me than usual. Our arms were touching and put his hand on my waist, keeping me close to him.

Once the show ended, we lay in silence and as much as I enjoyed it, I realized how late it was. "Grant?"

"Hmm?" He mumbled, laying closer to me.

"It's late. Do you want to go back to your room?"

"No," he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer and giving me butterflies. "I wanna sleep next to you."

"Are you sure?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes," he laid his head in my neck.

"You won't regret waking up next to me?"

"Never."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning."

"See you in the morning."

We fell asleep, cuddling, but I could wait to see his reaction in the morning.

The morning

I woke up with a weight around my waist. I remembered that Grant fell asleep next to me. I tried to move silently, but I still woke him up.

"Good Morning," he yawned and unwrapped his arm from around my waist.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby," he grinned, putting his arm around my waist again. "What about you?"

"Perfect."

"Good. What are you doing today?"

"Hmm, just homework and chilling around the house. What about you?"

"Nothing much. I don't have practice today, so I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner?"

"That sounds like fun!" I replied, unaware of what he meant.

"Like a dinner date?" Oh. That's what he meant.

"You want to go on a date?" He nodded his head, eyes hopeful. "With me?"

"Obviously with you, GG."

"I mean...yes, I would love to go on a date with you."

He smiled widely and leaned down to kiss my neck.

Moving in with a stranger wasn't too bad after all.

thank you for reading!! hope you enjoyed. stay tuned :))) hope ur all okay and happy and thriving. enjoy these updates and please read the request page before trying to request. as of right now, requests are CLOSED and getting deleted because it does state that on the request page. i do appreciate all the support, but i am very much backed up and cannot take any more requests as of right now. thank you for understanding. more imagines coming soon! </3