triggered {jarvis landry}

Tryna let the time fly (yeah)

Tryna let the time go by

Tryna let the time heal all

Tryna let the time kill all

Of our memories

All you meant to me

All that history

All that's history

I'll calm down eventually

Fall back eventually, please

Call me back eventually

Fall back into me, yeah

Triggered - Jhené Aiko

I smiled nervously when I cleaned the house since Jarvis and I were expecting company tonight. I continuously cleaned our kitchen counter despite it being squeaky clean. I sighed and dropped my head down in my hands and tried to breathe normally.

"Are you okay baby? Abby, if you're not feeling well then I can cancel our plans, it is just Odell coming over tonight," Jarvis held me in his arms, concerned.

"No!" I replied too fast making my heart beat faster, but I took a deep breath and turned around in his arms. "No, it's fine babe. I just have a tiny headache, but it'll be fine. I promise."

He smiled at me and kissed my lips before helping me finish up dinner.

Finally, the doorbell rang again and my anxiety kicked back up. Jarvis went to go open the door and I placed the plates on the table to distract myself.

Then, he walked through the door into the dining room. Odell. My ex-boyfriend. I still have not told Jarvis about Odell and I's past, but I know that I will have to sooner or later now that they are teammates again for the Cleveland Browns.

"Hi," he smirked at me, causing my stomach to feel queasy. He put his hand out for me to take, which I hesitantly did. He shook my hand softly and gave it a quick kiss before I pulled it away and wiped it against my pants.

"Hello," I said briefly. Jarvis made his way over to me and put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Odell, this is Abby, my girlfriend. Abby, this is Odell, my best friend."

"Nice to meet you, Abby," Odell said smirking, causing my blood to boil.

"Pleasure," I said sarcastically.

The dinner went well, although there were a few awkward moments that I am sure Jarvis felt as well, but Odell was on his best behavior surprisingly and didn't let out any secrets.

When he was on his way out, he leaned down to hug me and whispered in my ear, "It was so nice seeing you again. You look better than I remembered," he pulled back and winked at me without Jarvis noticing. "Nice meeting you, Abby. Thank you for the wonderful dinner. See you at practice, bro," he gave Jarvis a handshake and made his way out.

Jarvis turned to me with a huge smile on his face, "Well that went great!"

If only he knew.

One month later

I was watching Jarvis practice at his open training camp today and I was sitting in the stands with the other wives and girlfriends, just talking about our everyday life and relationships.

After practice was over, I went down to the field to hug and kiss him, but before he came over to me, Odell found me first.

"Well, well, well... Ms. Abby, here to see me again. Do you remember when you used to come to visit my training camps in New York too? Don't you ever miss me?" Odell questioned me, causing me to roll my eyes and step away from him, but of course, he followed.